Chapter 4

'Were all those years of wait going to go waste?' Manvi thought, what was she thinking? She always said to herself that she never expected him to love her back then she should also have the guts to see him with... with someone else right? Manvi clutched her chest and left the sob which she was holding back for hours, what was happening? All her dreams, wishes and hope for a future with Virat broke into millions of pieces... into pieces which she will never be able to put back together.

Manvi slid down the closed door of her bedroom, the tears flowing through her cheeks seemed unstoppable, she has heard that love gives pain but she never thought that it would hurt so much, so much that you feel that there's no life or future beyond that... what hurt her the most was that the realization, 'Virat didn't love her and he was ready to give the place she yearned for years to someone else'

She never shed a tear after all the rejection he made her face, she hoped... she hoped that he would realize the depth of her feelings someday and give them a chance and love would happen... Every single story from his childhood to school, all the pranks he used play with his friends and cousins, all the mischievous acts and all his tantrums Vanshika shared with her, then his pain, his silence and anger towards his dadaji and mother, all these huge to little things... How was she supposed to forget all of it? She might not have witnessed each and everything he went through but everything Vanshika aunty used to share with her had gone so deep into her that they were not just memories or stories for her they were a part of her, a part that she would never be able to leave behind...

'Kyun? What did I do to deserve such pain? I loved him... I love him... Is it such a big crime that you're punishing me so much...' she looked at the sky which was so opposite from her state, full of shining and blinking stars. 'Kyun?'

____________________________________

"Manvi beta wake up college nahi jana hai kya?" Her papa was continuously knocking on the door, but she didn't have it in her to even utter a word, she felt too numb to even feel the cold floor beneath her, she felt heavy... so heavy that she felt as if she was made of stone and metal but not with bones and flesh.

"Princess ab tum utogi nahi toh tumhari ma mujhe chein se nahi rehne degi, she must have called me about twenty times reminding me to send you to college on time... utto beta,"

"Coming papa..." she finally gave in, she might have broken beyond repair but there were other people who cared for her, who loved her and who wish for her wellbeing and happiness, she will not let them down.

"And Manvi call your mother, you have not spoken to her since yesterday and she is worried."

"Will do papa," She had to anyway speak to her mother, she wanted to know why her mother thought that Sheena di would be a perfect match for Virat Or is she? She was beautiful, smart and what not... And did Manvi have it in her stop this? Did she want to?

Manvi walked to the breakfast table while waiting for her mother to pick up the phone, now that she thought about everything with a somewhat calm mind, she didn't know what she was going to ask,

"Manvi beta, how are you? Why didn't you call me? Do you even know how worried I was? Issi liye mein tumhe akele nahi chodthi... Ab kaise feel hora ha hai? Youre feeling better na? Do you want me to come over there?"

"Mama I'm perfectly fine... Don't worry okay.. Yaha sab hain meri dekh baal kar ne ki... you stop worrying and tell me about mausi How is she?"

"But..."

"Mama, trust me... I'm fine," her heart throbbed and ached to share her pain with her mother, but she couldn't, what was she going to say?

"Okay... But you will call me every morning and night till I come back and tell me what is happening there okay? tumhari papa khi mun se baat bhul wana bohot mushkil hain,"