Chapter 5

Virat looked on as Manvi dashed away... he knew he had hurt her but he also knew that his decision would not just do good for him or her but for many others too, and he would go to any extent to keep up with his decision.

Manvi wished that she would never see a day like this, after all the hurt she was feeling, she didn't even have the right to moan over it, she had felt so alone that she was almost going to grab the phone and confess everything to her mother, she wanted her mother, she needed her mother next to her, saying that things will be fine and that the hurt she was feeling would go away.

Seeing the person you love bringing another woman to his life was cruel, so cruel... but she endured it alone... It was her mistake that she did not share her feelings with her mother, but now was not the time to regret over her decision, now was the time to stay strong and share her loved ones happiness.

"Manvi..."

"Aayi Vanshika aunty..." she kept all the dishes on the sink and turned to look at Vanshika who was looking at her peculiarly,

"Kya hua aunty?" Manvi asked, getting conscious,

"Tum batao Manvi... I have been noticing you for the past few minutes, you don't seem normal... Is there anything wrong? Did someone say something to you?"

"No aunty I'm fine... you know the college pressure and all... I'm fine..."

"Meri taraf dekh ke kaho Manvi, Are you missing you mama?" Vanshika asked holding Manvi by her arms,

Manvi smiled and shook her head, her resolution to stay strong getting weak already, Vanshika narrowed her eyes playfully and Manvi nodded as tears filled her eyes,

"Oh beta..." Vanshika cupped Manvi's cheek, "Wapas aajayegi na... rona nahi.. aur waise bhi main hun na... kya tumhari ma jeise nahi hun main.. haan?"

Manvi nodded and hugged Vanshika, wanting to feel her motherly love and warmth, all her pent up emotions surfacing with every word Vanshika uttered,

__________________

It was past midnight and Manvi was surrounded by lumps of huge books on her bed, she had tried to immerse herself in studies and was successful to an extent too, but all the happenings in Vadhera house still refused to escape her mind, Virat had given his consent to marry Sheena, and the families were to meet up tomorrow to discuss the rest, she knew that her bade papa and his family will be here by tomorrow morning and there will be no excuse for her to stay away from the marriage preparations, she was after all close to Sheena from childhood. Manvi liked Sheena; there was no doubt in it... She had always treated Manvi well, given her advice and supported her in many issues, may it be education or any other situations. Sheena was someone who was very straight forward and open, she was educated and always wished to live her life independently, and she was rebellious to an extent too... Manvi wondered what made Sheena accept this marriage proposal forgetting her long time dream of exploring the world and all. Was she forced... that can be possible, her bade papa and badi ma can be forcible and harsh, when it comes to imposing their decisions related to their kids wellbeing, Manvi always thought that it was the main reason for Sheena's rebellious nature.

Manvi gradually fell asleep after long hours of suffering, one rejection was not going to stop her life... she will try her best to overcome this rough phase of her life.

..................................

It was almost a week after all the commotion, their exams were over and whoever worked hard for the test were over the moon,

"We'll go on a picnic..." Seema, one of Manvi's close friends suggested,

"No... My parents won't let me go..." Pooja whined,