Chapter 30

Manvi ran her finger on the thick cover of the book which was sitting on the table, she had been doing this from the time she came home, Rohan's every word and his sincerity was raw in her mind. Her love for Virat wanted to keep away everything and continue to love him the way she did for so long, but she didn't want to be ignorant, she didn't want to be blind when she clearly was not. Manvi knew she had the ability to see and understand the situation, her parents had taught her to look at all the sides before coming to a conclusion and that was what she was doing when she opened Roshni's diary which Rohan had given her. Rohan had said that it was her honesty and love for Virat which he could not ignore... he was her friend and he would always look out for her.

Manvi didn't want to take the diary, she knew that she was not strong enough to live through the girl's life who Virat had loved so deeply... she didn't want to reminisce the memories they had with each other because she knew that it would break every part of her heart and soul... in fact Manvi wanted nothing but keep away everything which was related to Roshni, she didn't even want to hear that name... was it so wrong? Why was his past with Roshni haunting them and their journey together as partners for life? Manvi wanted to throw away everything... run far away from everything... she was breaking and she could no longer hold it together. What was she going to do? Read the diary quench the thirst which was burdening her for weeks or put it away, forget that she had a friend called Rohan' and live an incomplete life with Virat. Herself and her love who will probably still be wallowing with guilt and maybe regret.

Her heart thumped and her fingers trembled, was she ready to live his past? Ready or not... she had no other option... no one gets love easily, Virat had suffered and she knew this few moments of torment will be worth it if she could get Virat's love and lifelong companionship along with his peace of mind.

Manvi's eyes moistened as soon as her vision found a picture of Virat hugging a beautiful girl with straight midnight black hair and intense black eyes. The smile on his face was what was making Manvi's heart quiver... she had never seen Virat so happy. Every page she turned, every picture she saw... all of those memories captured told her how much they loved each other, the admiration in Roshani's face was so prominent that Manvi couldn't understand why she had refused Virat's love in the first place. Manvi was now curious than hurt, she wanted to know... she needed to know... she turned the pages hurriedly, reading few of the short entries Roshni had made.

********************************************

20 September

Is life just this? What is a family and who are friends? The people around me are neither my family nor my friends... everything around me is fake. Is life just this?

There was no mention about Virat and Manvi skipped through pages again, Roshni has not written on her diary everyday, it was occasional, she sounded unsatisfied and sad... most of her days were depressing and hard to relate, Manvi was totally opposite from Roshni and the life they had was nothing similar.

2nd January

New year... seriously, how does it even matter? I don't have my parents with me, dad is somewhere partying with his friends and God knows where mom went saying that she had to be for some committee event. Why did they want a child when they were not interested in a family? Did they even love each other? My head is bursting and I need some caffeine.

10th January

I hate him... What did he think? Oh poor girl is drinking and is smashed, why not have some fun?' It was me... I was wrong to let that low life come close to me. How dare he try to get me to bed just after our first date... Pathetic idiot... The punch I gave him wasn't enough, should have killed him by overdosing...