Ch. 54

The second half started with Akashi marking Midorima head on. The pressure that filled up in the court, made the entire audience emit in silence, your eyes concentrated on Akashi's figure you knew he would use it around the second half. A one-on-one match between each teams ace, the match will depends on the fight between those two aces.

Just as Midorima hold the ball and jumped to make a three-pointer, his play were stopped as Akashi stole the ball right before Midorima jumped, which shocked the opposing players, hence scoring a shot. To be honest, you didn't know who to cheer for, Midorima is an amazing shooter, Akashi is a majestic point guard. His shot quickly turn the tide from being a tied match into Rakuzan, as Akashi already predicted, in the lead.

Seeing Akashi passing the ball to Nebuya using his elbow from behind, shocked not only the opposing team, but you were shocked also, his moves were clean, his passes were beyond extraodinary clean, it was as if the emperor himself created basketball, okay that was a bit too exaggerating ☺.

Minutes later before the end of the 4th quarter, Akashi saw the wagered reaction of his team mates, which made him slightly annoyed. So he decided to wake them up by scoring on his own goal. “What is Seiju-tan doing......? ahh...right”, you smiled to yourself, realizing that Akashi was pissed off.

“when did I tell you to drop your concentration? The game isn't over yet, did your nerves relax because we got such a huge lead? All this disconcerting just because they scored several goals in a row is good proof of that. If the lead was slimmer, we wouldn't have had to make such an unsightly show, if that's so, I'd sooner get rid of that lead altogether. Calm your heads down a bit. If we lose, you can criticize me as much as you want because the reason we lost would be that shot. I'll take full responsibility and immediately quit the team....furthermore, as proof of atonement for my sin …. I will gouge out both of my eyeballs, and I will offer them to you”, Akashi smirked his two-edged smirk.

“to think he would say that....but Seiju-tan might do that, knowing him like that....”, you huffed out a sigh to yourself, “but it really is a good way to shaken up the boys, since they were wagered moments ago.......Seiju-tan..I know you could beat Midorima in this match”, you giggled.

And

He certainly did stopped Takao's passes to Midorima. Soon enough Akashi went to score a point when Midorima decided to stop him, but he was too shallow which gave him the upperhand to throw the ball above his head, hence ending the game with a buzzer beater. 86 to 70, with Rakuzan on the lead.

You nodded your head in acknowledgment, you knew they were going to win, you bit your bottom lip and went downstairs, back to their locker room for the boys to have a rest. As you arrived, Mayuzumi stared at you silently, Hayama glomped you not caring for drenching you with his own sweat.

“I was great wasn't I?”, he grinned, baring his tiger fangs that he loves to show off. You smiled softly at him which certainly warms him to his heart, “yes you did, Hayama-tan”. He smiled even more, “looking at you makes me want to keep you all for myself”, he grinned ear-to-ear while hugging you, “ne Akashi, isn't she so lovable”.

Akashi only spare a glance at you two before stretching again to rest his muscles. “so our next final match is tomorrow, the winner in the next match will be fighting with us, hunh?”, Nebuya thought to himself while munching foods he just bought from the canteen. Mibuchi looked grossed out at Nebuya whose foods were sprawling on the ground as he talked while eating, “disgusting”.

You took out your bag from Mayuzumi's locker (since he let you put it there), and took out sliced-lemon with honey, you opened the lid and let the boys have some for simple refreshments.

“this taste sweet, thanks (y/n)-chan”, Mayuzumi patted your head.

“d'awwwww it would've been great if you were actually our manager”, Hayama munched it with a bright grin.

You gave Akashi and he reject it kindly, you pouted, “you're being too much cocky for your own good in today's match, Seiju-tan”. He sighed silently only for you to listen, “I know, (y/n)”. Smiling at the red-haired male, you still insisted him to eat the sliced-lemon with honey that you made for the team, “just have one, you must've been tired afterall”.

“just one slice doesn't kill you, Akashi”, Hayama grinned, “besides~ it's really delicious~”.

In return, Akashi glared at him before taking a slice from the container in your hand which made you smiled sweetly. “we rest for a while before we watch how Tetsuya and Ryouta's match commence, but if you wish to go first I won't stop you”, he continued before closing his eyes shut. You nodded your head, “sure Seiju-tan”.

Knowing your eager self, you decide to go out from their locker room and head to buy a drink from the machine then head back upstairs to the second floor.

“I'll go ask Chihiro to get you when we're done, we will be joining to seat at the audience”, Akashi replied.

You smiled as you reach the second floor to watch the boys play, you rested your arm on the railway as you placed your chin above your hand with a smile, “Kú-tan...”, but seeing the game made you winced a bit, knowing they were surprisingly making lots of mistakes, which caused Riko to stop the game for an exchange of member and it was Furihata, you chuckled cutely, “Riko-senpai~ you are trying to shake them back aren't you? Besides~ Not everyone really knew the real main reason why those three were on the benchwarmers”.

Seeing Furihata lost his sense as he stepped his foot on the court brought to laughter. 'Furiha-tan must've been nervous, but being a coward like that is not really a fault, there's into it, being a coward leads him to be more cautious'.

15 to 5, Kaijou on the lead, but Seirin is still hanging on. You knew Kise was hanging on too, you remembered the day he went against Aomine in the inter-high, Aomine and Kise certainly took on a toll after going all out with each other, despite a huge loss for Kaijou on that day.

Their first quarter ended with Kaijou's lead 23-15, and during the 2-minute break, Riko  swapped furihata out from the game and Furihata was definitely happy that he actually scored in an actual game. The game continued.