Ch. 42

“Eh? It's rare for you to be here Sei-chan~”, a tall male with long raven hair asked with a blank facade.

Then they noticed you.

“eh! (l/n)-chan is here too!”, a familiar blondie ran to your side with excited green eyes. You smiled to him, somewhat relieved to see a happy-go-lucky person here, “hello Hayama-tan”. “...-tan?”, he pondered to himself before grinning, “that's cute! Hey guys!! meet the new transferee”, he pulled you to the players and some of them had pink dust across their cheeks.

“meet (l/n)-chan!”, he intoduced you to the players.

You smiled up to them, “(l/n) (y/n), nice to meet you”, you bowed your head and you stayed that way, missing the others in seirin.

Akashi went to your side before placing his hand on your shoulder, “well... I'm here only to introduce her, let's go”. You stood straight with a small half-hearted smile, “yes Akashi-tan”.

“-tan?”, they wondered to themselves before the two of you left the gym.

“she's really cute right??”, Hayama air-fisted excitedly, “I wonder where she came from”. A grey-haired male, “she's cute... so she was the reason why that Akashi kept on going back to Tokyo”, he scoffed. “now that you mentioned, you're right Mayuzumi”, Nebuya nodded his head in acknowledgement.

☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

Akashi brought you to a dim room, it was an empty classroom, the tables were already put on the sides and there was another table that doesn't seem like a table for students and right on top of it seemed like a chessboard but it wasn't. You look at it even closer to find out it was shogi.

“open your blazer and put it aside”, he muttered under his breath but loud enough for you to hear. Your eyes widened in utter shock to the boy's command, “wh-wha”. He clicked his tongue in annoyance, “Tch, it's warm in here”.

[Miru's note:~ damn.. for a while I thought it was Levi since they have the same voice actor fufufufu~~]

He sat on the floor facing the shogi board, “come here, sit across from me”. You obliged, right after you opened your blazer and place it neatly next to you. “play with me”, he commanded. Your lips went agape. “did you not hear me?”. “I-I can hear you”, you quickly replied, you wondered to yourself again before he started the game.

[Miru's note:~ okay hello again......huuuh since I don't know how to play shogi and I'm tooooo lazy to check on google and my phone right now is having a problem and UGGHHHHHHHH LIFE!!! okay so anyway, I currently am using my lappy so........let reader-chan just die- #SLAPPED ouUUCChhh.. ahahaha anyway just proceed~ I'm just being my annoying self]

“heh, I won”.

You pouted to yourself and crossed your arms across your chest.

“let's play again”, you huffed a puff with clearly an annoyed look on your face. He smirked smugly, “sure, wanna bet?”. “no”, you quickly said, “I'm just a beginner”. He scoffed, “a beginner eh? With a skill like you and you call yourself a beginner? You liar”, he cracked his knuckles, releasing the tension in his fingers.

“let's play again”, you pursed your lips together. He sighed but smirked in the end, “I'm very much pleased”. So the two of you ended up playing another match and in the middle of the game, the crook of his lips twitched downswards, slowly making a frown, but ended up smirking, “hm, I knew you were a good shogi player”.

You bit your bottom lip before moving the small piece.

“and yet, you are still twitching so badly thinking you're doing a bad thing”, he scoffed while staring at the board before frowning back, “no..”.

You actually took the last pieces of his black shogi and made yourself win against him.

“let's play again”, he clicked his tongue in annoyance. The two of you continue to play, with a score of a tie and none of you were backing down at all. “Akashi-tan”, you called out to him with a gentle voice. He look at you with his usual calculating eyes, “yes?”.

“am I seriously not allowed to meet mother”, you plead trying your best to bare your puppy eyes to him and he stared at you. “I let you meet your mother once in a while, other than that, you are still staying at my manor”, he simply said before staring back at the shogi board, nearly losing himself under your mesmerizing (e/c) eyes.

“do you..miss Kuroko?”, he questioned.

“yes I do”.

“this is just the first day and yet you already missed him”, he looked away from your (e/c) eyes, completely avoiding it afraid that if he look at it, he might lose himself again, “you'll get over him soon enough”, he looked back at you with menacing eyes but you didn't fall back because of it, because you were still content about your own feelings for the teal male.

[Miru's note:~ d'awwwwww~~~ reader-chan misses Kuroko~~~]