Ch. 53

The next day~

You and Akashi were already waiting at the waiting room, Coach Shirogane was there too and also the benched players. Mayuzumi was silently stretching. Hayama, Mibuchi and Nebuya weren't there yet and you figured that they must have things to do in the morning. Akashi then got up on his feet and head to the coach to talk about something.

You rest your back on one of the lockers while closing your eyes. 'after Kise-tan's team won, the four finalist remains as Rakuzan, Shutoku, Kaijo and Seirin.....please hang in there Kú-tan'. “(y/n)”, just as you heard his voice calling out to you, you fluttered your eyes open to look infront of you. “Yes Seiju-tan?”. “just so you know, I will play in this match and it's up to you if you wish to analyze my play, (y/n)”, he replied as he stared at you with his usual blank face+small frown.

You nodded your head with a small smile.

“hm.. and Tetsuya would be here since it's already the semi-final, do you still wish to be outside near the court? Tetsuya would be watching in the second half”, he continued his words. You chew your bottom lip while making a thinking expression, “well I suppose, you will use the emperor eyes when it's the second half right? I'll just watch upstairs”. 'she still loves and misses Tetsuya but she's still not ready to meet him', he nodded his head, “very well then”.

5 minutes before the match started, the three boys finally came. “ne ne (y/n)-chan, cheer for me okay?”, Hayama placed his palm on your head, gently patting it. You smiled and nodded your head, before walking outside from their locker to the second floor to watch, where it was as usual, silence greeted you.

You looked at your phone to see, the boys texted you.

From: Kise-tan
Ne~~ (y/n)cchiiiiiiii, you're going to cheer for me right? Rightttt???

From: Kasamatsu-tan
Today my school is playing against your former school, I wonder who will you cheer for.

From: Kú-tan ♥
(y/n)-chan, you will be watching us today, correct? See you there. Love you.

The last text from Kuroko made you smile. You look back at the court and saw, the Rakuzan starters getting ready. Then the two teams line up.

“The Winter Cup's first semi-final game between Rakuzan and Shuutoku will now begin! Bow!”.

“LET'S HAVE A GOOD GAME!”.

Then the game started with a tip off and Shuutoku got the first ball and quickly score a three pointer. Takao was marking Akashi, but Akashi knows better where to aim since he sees a much more wider scale than Takao whom has a hawk eye. Soon enough the first quarter ended with a tie 16 to 16.

“the King of Veterans and The Emperor...none of them are backing down”, you said to yourself.

They had a 2 minutes break with the coach telling the players to just listen to Akashi's detailed orders, then the 2nd quarter started, with Shuutoku's first attack but that didn't faze the opposing player and instead, Hayama made a loud dribble with just three of his fingers and quickly passed the guy who marked him then quickly scored a shot. Though they were never far off from each other, the second half ended with a tie 39-39. So they had a break interval for over 10 minutes and so you decide to go downstairs to their locker room, right before the second team(Kaijou and Seirin) having a warm-up during their break time.

Akashi wore his jacket-jersey before heading back but before that he met with the Seirin team.

“Hi. It's been a while since the opening ceremonies, Tetsuya”, Akashi smirked upon the teal male, whose eyes were wandering in search of his girl. “yes, Akashi-kun”, he simply replied, “(y/n)-chan wa doko?”. He only smirked silently.

“Yo, you can't have forgotten about me, that other time you sure pulled a disturbing move, Kise and you....I'll kick both your asses”, Kagami glared at the smaller male. Akashi scoffed, “of course I remember you, Kagami Taiga.....I'll give you one  warning though. Only those subservient to me are allowed to speak without changing their line of sight, I don't allow anyone acting against me to look down on me”, with that he made Kagami dropped to his knees as Akashi took his emperor self up to the front line, “lower your head”.

“Kagami-kun!”, Kuroko rushed to Kagami's side.

“you too, Tetsuya.... if you're going to face me and take her back, you should be prepared. I was the one who discovered your talent, sooner or later, you'll come to realize”, Akashi silently glared at the teal-male before walking off with the others.

You finally arrived at the locker room just in time for Akashi to arrive. He looked serious as always, not to mention he looks cocky when he plays in the match, well you knew he was like that since he was always cocky when he played shogi against you.