Ch. 52

“in today's match both Kagami Taiga and Kuroko Tetsuya are benched”, he replied with his ususal blank face before he too sipped the drink after savouring the strong rich smell of tea. “how exactly did you know?”, your mother cocked an eyebrow at him.

“he just happened to know, mother.... anyway did papa knew I'm staying at Seiju-tan's place?”, you smiled at your mother sweetly. She nodded, “he is kinda bewildered, you know (nickname)~your papa said '(nickname) really has a lot of guys in her hands, can't she just quickly marry one and have children? I want to have a lot of grandchildren' and papa laughed out loud... so honey~~~ pick one already”, she winked at the boys.

“mother...please stop joking around”, you puffed out your cheeks cutely, you then hummed, “I miss looking at papa, why does he have to work late? And goes to work early”. “well... your papa is a busy man after all..”, she replied simply.

“ano.... in this frame, when (y/n)-chan graduated from Teiko, why isn't there her brother? Her father is certainly there but.. is (y/n)-chan's brother too busy?”, Mayuzumi asked.

“(brother's name) died in a car accident 6 years ago”, your mother replied after a long silence and that grabbed both males attention. “(brother's name) was like you guys, a basketball nerd...and he was the one who taught (nickname) here how to play.....”, your mother placed a soothing hand on your head, gently patting it as she saw the sad look on her daughter's face, “hence...she stopped playing basketball from then on”.

“I'm sorry for asking a stupid question, Mrs.(l/n)”, the ginpatsu bow his head in shame. “my condolences, Mrs.(l/n)”, Akashi bowed his head too. “nah~ it's okay, the past is in the past, apologizing won't bring my boy back anyway”, she smiled a motherly smile to the both male which at times reminded of someone familiar.

😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈

“your mother is really nice, (y/n)-chan”, Mayuzumi looked at you with a small smile that was barely visible. You smiled up at him, “of course she is~😀”. “here (y/n)”, Akashi passed your phone, as he got into the car and you safely caught it.

You checked your phone and received misscalls from Kise and...........Kuroko. You stopped walking and stared at the name on the screen for who knows how long. 'why...did Kú-tan called me?'.

“(y/n)-chan, let's get into the car”, Mayuzumi gently pulled you to his side before he gently usher you to get inside the limou before he himself walked in.

Your mother waved at you three by the door step, 'I was surprised to see that (nickname) met with Hiro-kun......he has the same lack of presence just like Tetsu-kun... but I still wonder who she ends up with..fufufuuuu well honestly I shipped (nickname) with Tetsu-kun...but seeing a new guy makes me curious too! Not to mention Hiro-kun is good-looking AND tall', she snickered to herself before closing and locking the door.

Just then Mayuzumi sneezed.

Akashi smirked, “(y/n)'s mother must've taken a liking to you Chihiro, that she is talking about you now”. Mayuzumi was a bit surprised but you were bewildered and poke Akashi's arm, “what made you say that, Seiju-tan?”, you frowned. He frowned back, “intuition, don't think highly of yourself Chihiro, that doesn't change a thing about what I said last night”. You wondered to what he was talking about but shrugged yourself since it doesn't mean anything to you.

2 days later, Seirin was preparing themselves to have a match against Yosen. Rakuzan's match was already finished in the evening well of course with their complete victory in hand, while Seirin's match was held at night time.

You passed the Rakuzan's starter each one of them a sport drinks, since they just finished having a match. Akashi called your name so you turned your head to look at him, “come with me”. Shirogane-sensei stopped both of you, “where are you going?”. Akashi, without looking at his coach, “to watch the next match”. “okay”, he replied shortly. You smiled and followed him in suit.

The first quarter had already started when the two of you got on the second floor, 18 seconds before it ended with Yosen on the lead by 18-0. You frowned to yourself, “maa na~ Kaga-tan is not doing his best”. “I believe he always placed his emotion during the match, that's how it it”, Akashi replied after looking at Kagami. “Kaga-tan's friend is in yosen team, Himuro Tatsuya-tan”, you hummed to yourself.Then the first quarter ended.

“wanna bet, (y/n)”, he asked with a small smirk on his face. “sure Seiju-tan, SEIRIN WINS~~”, you cheered playfully. He hmped in response, “Atsushi and Tatsuya might be stronger than Taiga”. “ 'might' you said”, you grinned ear-to-ear, “there is also a chance for Kaga-tan to win this match”.

Then the ball was with Kuroko and he was right infront of the net pole and it certainly made Akashi interested, 'he could not shoot....unless'. Then the ball went pass through Murasakibara's hand when he tried to block it.

“Phantom Shot”, Akashi muttered under his breath, “impressive”. Then soon enough it was already the fourth quarter with still yosen on the lead by four points in difference, but Seirin caught up especially with a zoned Kagami.

2 minutes later, Seirin was one point behind with only about 20 seconds left. Finally the game ended with Kuroko slamming the ball away from Murasakibara's hand right before he threw it in the hoop, certainly surprising the audience and Murasakibara himself.

“With a score 73-72, Seirin High wins!! Bow”

“THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!”.

You turned your body to Akashi with a sweet smile of yours, “ne ne~ I won the bet”. He clicked his tongue in annoyance, “fine”, he then looked at the audience seat and spot a very serious Midorima. 'ah, right.... tomorrow is the semi-final, Rakuzan against Shuutoku.. hmmhmmm~', you smiled on your own. Then you saw Akashi sneering down at Midorima who only stared intently at him.

“let's go back”, he said and you nodded your head, following him from behind and quickly saw the others(his team mates). Hayama jogged to your side with a smile, “let's go sleep~ tomorrow I have to find brand new shoes for tomorrow's match, you wanna follow?”. You smiled and parted your lips to answer but before that, Mibuchi cut you off, “knowing you, you would've dragged her around the street while running, Hayama”.

“hai hai Reo-nee-san”, he grinned.