16. Change of behaviour

Start from the beginning

"What on earth, do you think you are doing?" He asked in a scolding tone

"What on earth, do you think you are doing?" He asked in a scolding tone. I shook my head, realising that he should not have been there.

"What are you doing here?" I returned the question.

"Trying to save you from breaking yourself anymore than you are are." He scoffed with a light smile.

"Erm... I was walking?" I replied to his question as well, but even I knew how unsure I sounded.

"Were you now?" He chuckled. "And how is it going so far?" I could see an ever growing grin spread across his face.

"Are you having fun, mocking me?" I asked with a growling sound.

"I certainly am. It's quite comical to watch you being weak, when you always try to be the strongest person." His smirk turned to a soft smile, making you realise that he didn't mean it in a negative way.

"Have I ever told you, how much I hate you?" I hit his arm, wrapped around my waist. I knew it didn't do anything to him as my power was long lost in that moment.

"You actually told me quite the opposite." He chuckled, making me growl at his annoying behaviour.

"Just shut up." I spoke. "Can you just help me back to the bed instead of getting on my nerves?" I asked, more in an instructive tone, but there was that strange glance in his eyes.

"Well, I certainly could help you, but the question is, will I?" He chuckled, making me heave a deep sigh in frustration.

"I will beat you up, you little shit." I growled at him, trying to sound threatening, but the weak voice that left my vocal cords was anything but scary.

"Aren't you just cute? You can barely stand on your own two feet, but you will beat me up? I haven't been more frightened in my life." A wholehearted laughter left his lungs, filling the room with his angelic voice. I was gazing at his face, admiring his features, but then I quickly shook my head. Bed. I needed my bed. I moved my self out of his grasp, peeling his arms away from me as I attempted to crawl back into my bed. However the sharp pain in my abdomen stopped me as I screamed through my clenched teeth.

Jimin grabbed me again, not as gently as before, pulling me back, before I could have landed on the floor. This time, he picked me up, placing an arm behind my back, while supporting my weight with his other arm under my knees, ignoring my painful grunts. I squeezed my eyes and took deep breaths as the unbearable pain returned. It took me a while to organise my breathing, but as soon as it started to return to its normal pace, I opened my eyes again. "You shouldn't move around. I am being serious. You have to heal properly." He spoke in a deep, calming tone, worry clearly shown in his voice. He pulled out a chair from under the bed and sat down beside me.

"How did you know I was here?" You asked as your brain finally remembered the question you meant to ask him since he came into your room.

"On the day of your... when you were attacked, I called Yoongi. He disappeared and he was acting out. I knew something was up. He is not a very good liar, if I want to be honest. But when I heard you scream in the background, he had no other choice, but to tell the truth." I nodded at him, being quite unhappy that he knew about what happened.

"Does anyone else know?" I asked, almost certain at his answer.

"Yes. After your third day in the hospital, we couldn't keep it as a secret anymore." He confessed, lifting your hand and placing it into his, while staring at them.

"Brilliant." I heaved a sigh.

"After Yoongi told Namjoon what happened, he went straight to the principal. Soomi and his friends have been expelled." He said calmly, not lifting his gaze from your hands as he intervened your fingers, playfully smiling at it. You didn't know how to take it, but you didn't pull away. It was good to feel his touch, even if just for a second. "They didn't contact the police yet. They are waiting for you to make an official statement."

"I will not contact the police. I will give my statement to the school, but I don't want the police to get involved." I spoke, looking at our hands, but he stopped playing with them and looked straight in to my eyes with a confused expression across his face.

"Why not?" He asked, as if he was about to attempt to change my mind.

"Huncheol... I guess that was his name, their friend, is still there. I don't plan on digging myself any deeper into this whole situation." I stated calmly. On the other hand, he had an unreadable expression on his face. His furrowed brows almost touched as he concentrated on his thoughts. He was biting his lower lip in frustration as if he was thinking very hard about something certain.

"How do you know Huncheol?" Jimin asked as he stood up and started pacing around the room nervously.

"He was the one who lured me to the back of the building." I explained, but he didn't stop, making me feel dizzy as I tried to follow his movements. "Jimin, is everything alright?" I asked, worrying about whatever he had on his mind.

"What did he say? What did he tell you?" He asked in a rather harsh tone, which honestly made me feel like I was in an interrogation room.

"Nothing really. His excuse was that he needed to talk to me about my friends." I frowned at the serious look on his face. "He didn't talk to me after that. When we arrived to the back of the school, the girls were already waiting for me." I explained, trying to ignore the headache that was forming in the back of my skull as I forced myself to remember. Jimin walked up to my bed, standing just a few inches away from me with an irate expression.

 Jimin walked up to my bed, standing just a few inches away from me with an irate expression

"Are you sure he didn't say anything? Any detail could be helpful." He spoke with an anger filled voice, as if he has switched personalities. I wasn't scared of him, he didn't seem aggressive, but his harsh words, made me want to back away, which attempt of mine was quickly sabotaged by the pillows behind my back.

"Can you just calm down?" I asked him with a desperate tone, not understanding his sudden change of behaviour. He took a step back, heaving a deep sigh, looking down at his shoes. I didn't even realise I was shaking, until he lifted my hand and took it in between his.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you." He apologised sincerely. "I just... he is not a good person. You have to keep a distance from him, okay?" His tone was almost begging me to do as he asked. I nodded in agreement, knowing he was definitely a person I needed to avoid. 

Notes: If you enjoyed it, don't forget to like the chapter. Thank you :)