Chapter Sixteen:

CALEB'S POV

It had been a few weeks since my surgery. Recuperation hasn't been too bad since it was just minor surgery and getting used to the defibrillator has been no problem at all. You can see it and feel my left side just below my shoulders appearing as a small square bump or as Seulgi likes to call it: the third boob. So far it seems to be working.

Irene was upset that it didn't actually come with a remote or button you can press but it's a good thing because I don't think I could trust her with that kind of power. Things have been great with us lately. And I guess you could say that I officially broke up with Sana. Although, I think we've been over since the day she punched Irene. I've still kept my promise to her. I've been spending as much time possible with her. I just want to make sure that she's all right and that there is no risk of another relapse. She seems to be doing better. Although, I keep asking her to tell her parents about what happened but she refuses to. I just hope I don't regret any of this knowing that Mark is still in Miami. But at least for now things seem to be under control. And it's actually been quite nice to experience Sana as a friend. I might not know where exactly I am with either of them but it's definitely a much better place after all that has happened.

--------------------

"Irene, oh my-" her legs where on either side of mine, while her hands tangled in my hair and her need to devour my neck overpowered everything. I could feel that she was leaving marks all over. Her shirt was off and it was just so tempting to just pull her bra off with the rest of her clothes off. But I still couldn't.

"Please" she implored through pants.

"No, we-we can't" once again Irene testing my will not to give into the temptation that she was. She started unbuttoning my pants very slowly looking into my eyes with sex written all over them. I was going to give in. Fuck. I was going to give in. Wait, no, I can't.

"Stop" I told her taking her arms just as she was about to tug my jeans down.

"Why" she asked in her charmingly whiny voice while showing off her biggest.

"I still haven't been cleared, Irene"

"But why? It's been years, baby"

"Bae Joohyun" I looked at her knowing she was exaggerating. "It's only been a few weeks and Dr. Minatozaki said it would be a little over a month until I was cleared for more strenuous physical activity. And trust me after the way you've been acting, I know that this is going to be a very-very strenuous activity"

"Why, why me?" Irene pouted lying on my chest.

"Calm down, drama queen, you're not the one with a tiny machine in his chest" I told her.

"Who are you and why was Joohyun replaced with a sex craving machine?"

"Umm" she looked at me sassily. "It has been more than four months. That's like a decade in the sex world. I still think we should take your robot gear for a test drive"

I laughed. "Look at me, I'm sweating and I feel like I just went up ten flights of stairs. Now imagine if I were to see you completely naked. I think that's enough of a test drive for now. I do not want to be one of those people that has a heart attack while having sex" I needed to shower in holy water.

"We are never having sex" Irene complained.

"Trust me. I want to see you naked and touch you in ways that would make your parents cringe but that you would more than love. But for now, please, keep your clothes on. Stop trying to send my heart on overdrive. And as soon as I get that thumbs up, every free minute we have can be sexy naked time"