Chapter Two:

"YOU DID WHAT?" Wendy yelled as she dropped her books into her locker. That morning she picked me up from my house like I asked her to. And on the way over I told her about my encounter with the girl from the bar.

"You promised you wouldn't judge Wendy. I really need you to be my friend right now and then you can yell at me all you want."

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. But I just can't believe this; this is completely out of character for you. I mean you cheated Caleb. That was full-blown cheating." She finished with a disappointed look on her face.

I avoided looking at her for a more than a few seconds, I know what I did was wrong. Yes, I feel awful for what I did but the worst part was that I don't regret kissing her, but I won't tell Wendy that.

"I don't know what to do. I didn't even get her name." My mind began to wander about the girl from the bar. I still can't fathom how something so wrong could feel so amazing. And I didn't even ask for her number.

"Umm, hello? Earth to Caleb! Are you seriously worried about what her name is? You have a girlfriend that you should be worrying about how she's going to react to all of this. You're my best friend but she's my friend too and this is going to hurt her."

Wendy snapped me out. "Wendy, I don't even know if I should tell her anything. It meant nothing, honestly." Yeah that's great Caleb keep pilling up those lies.

"You don't know if you SHOULDN'T tell her?! What?! I don't even-I-I'm trying to be supportive here, but you're not even making sense. You didn't forget an anniversary or a birthday, you cheated Caleb, you kissed another girl. What is it that you're not telling me? There has to be something you're not telling me." Wendy was beginning to look at me like I was crazy. I couldn't tell Wendy that I really like that stranger from the bar, at least not yet or she'd probably blow a gasket.

"I, Wendy, look let me just try and figure it out. Please don't mention this to anyone, especially, god I cant even say her name. She's about to get out of practice, I don't think I can look her in the eyes still. I'm gonna go, I'll see you around."

As I was taking off, Wendy put her arm on one of my shoulders to stop me. "Hey, it'll be alright, she loves you and you love her. I'm sure you'll be able to work it out."

"I hope so Wendy," I pulled Wendy into a hug and continued walking.

Skipping the first day of school probably wasn't the brightest idea. But I'd rather be a coward than confront the girl I love and tell her what I did. At least spare her heart for a few more hours. I was heading down the hallway when I saw Mr. Ford, the school principal and as soon as he saw me he waved his hand signaling for me to come to him.

"Ah! Caleb! Just who I was looking for," he claimed.

"Good morning sir, what can I be good for?"

"Can you smell that?"

"Umm, what am I supposed to be smelling sir?" I wiggled my nose trying to get a whiff of whatever he was smelling.

"That Caleb, is the smell of a new school year. And it smells great!" Mr. Ford looked very proud and excited.

"Right sir, it does smell great." Well I could at least hope it would be for him even if mine was already on a downward spiral. I know I have no one to blame but myself, but god, she was so beautiful. Fuck! No Caleb, Stop it!

"Sure is! But that's not what I wanted you for. I wanted to ask a favor from you. Can I count on you?" Mr. Ford looked like he was about to ask me to take a trip to the moon.

"Of course sir, what can I do for you?"

"A very good old friend of mine just moved here and his daughter will be joining us this school year. Since she's a senior, I thought you could help her get familiarized with the school, show her around to her classes, and maybe even introduce her to a few of your friends." This is probably the last thing I need right now, especially since it puts a halt to plans of ditching school but I can't afford to let anymore people down.