Chapter Thirteen:

CALEB'S POV

“You’re choosing her?” Irene’s voice cracked.

I began to cry along with Irene. It was ironic that Irene and I had never cried over any fight we’d ever had when we were together. But as soon as Sana came into the picture I had lost all count of the times Irene or myself had cried.

“I’m sorry Irene"

“That more you say that the more it loses its credibility"

"I’ve meant it every single time Irene” I’ve probably said it a thousand times but it’s never something I’ve said lightly or for the sake of saying it especially when it came to Irene because I could never repair the damage I’ve done to our relationship.

“Yeah but I’ve stopped believing it” I shake my head at loss for words as she gets up from my bed.

“Can you please just tell me why this time? I don’t understand what she has that I don’t besides a black eye, which she caused. I can’t stop myself from wondering everyday. What do you keep choosing her?”

“I, Joohyun, please” I beg her and I don’t even know why

“And you can’t even tell me why. I don’t understand why I was so stupid to think that you would choose me this time. To think that I was stupid enough to believe that I could win a war over her. If you had ever really loved me, you would have never cheated me in the first place. I should have listened to everyone that told me over and over again that you didn’t love me"

"I do love you” I say to her a little too weak.
“No you don’t. I am here practically begging you to come back to me. She hurt me and you’re taking her side”

“Irene, I am not taking her side"

"You are. You are, Y/N. I am not some play thing you can use when she hurts you and then toss when she says sorry. I will not be a beggar for your love"

"How could you think that that’s what you are to me?” I try to tell her because I couldn’t stand that she thought she was worth nothing to me.

“It’s okay. I’m not even angry anymore. I’m just disappointed in myself more than I am in you. If you choose her then I guess that’s that and there really is nothing else I could do. I don’t have any strength left in me to fight you or to stay away from you”

I wanted to rip my heart out of chest to show her how much I really did loved her tell her that I was choosing her but I couldn’t not until I knew Sana would be fine and if not to rip my heart out to at least stop my pain. I wanted to yell. I wanted to run after her. I wanted to kiss her and look into her brown eyes and never think about Sana again but I couldn’t. I just wanted to say please don’t leave me you told me you would wait.

————————————————————

"You—You came back” Sana said as I walked through her door. She was still in somewhat the same position I had left her in.

“I told you I would” I say shrugging my shoulders. “How are you feeling?"

"I’m doing better now that you’re here”

“We need to talk” I mention to her seriously.

“Do you want to watch a movie?” She says so casually making my veins ignite about how casual she’s taking this but I attempt to remain calm. She took drugs and she hurt someone and she is acting like it was just another uneventful day.

“Sana"

"Let’s watch a scary movie"

"Damn it Sana!” I half yell making her flinch.