Chapter Ten:

CALEB'S POV

I had to take a deep breath. Maybe I was being pranked. Here's hoping to being this was all some dumb joke.

"Sana?" I asked seeing her tears fall.

"He is not my boyfriend" Sana answered quickly.

"Well, I would hope so"

"Really Sana?" The blue-eyed guy asked.
"I don't remember you ever breaking up with me. What I do remember is you calling me, begging me to come see you buying me a ticket from New York to Miami"

I looked at Sana but I'd rather be getting hit by a bus than to have to look at her.

"Care to explain?" I was trying so hard not to jump to any conclusions.

"Listen to me Caleb. I really need you to believe what I am about to tell you" Sana looked at me, looking for verbal confirmation but a nod was all she was going to get from me.

"When I left New York, him and I weren't technically together, but we also never really broke up"

"That makes absolutely no sense, Sana" I could feel my blood beginning to boil especially with that guy and his irritating smirk.

"Yeah Sana, explain to us both what that means. I am dying to know what it means" And his smirk grew bigger. I could feel like I could punch him right now. I had never punched anyone but he could definitely be the first.

"Are you or are you not with him?" I asked Sana decisively.

"No-yes-no" Sana stuttered.

"Great! That's all I needed to know" I said walking out the door but not before looking at that guy and Sana one more time.

"Wait Caleb! let me explain!" Sana yelled as I walked through her front yard.

"Explain what?" I stopped and noticed that I had no control over my tone or volume. "Huh, Sana? That you had a boyfriend and you lied about it?"

"It's not what it looks like. And it's not like you-"

I cut her off. "It's not like what, Sana? It's not like I did the same thing? Is that what you wanted to say?" I was beyond angry now.

"Well you know what? It is not like what I did. Sure, yeah, I cheated on my girlfriend with you and I lied to you. But it all happened within a 24-hour span. And you-you've lied to me for the past four fucking months. So, no, Sana this is not the same thing!" I stopped to take a breath my chest was moving up and down at an alarming rate because of my breathing.

"Was that true? That you paid for his plane ticket to come here?"

"Yes. I did lie but this was the first time I had spoken to him since I left New York"

"What the fuck does that even mean Sana? Because I have no idea when it comes to you. I thought we were getting somewhere but boy was I fucking wrong"

"Don't cuss at me"

"Oh, I'm fucking sorry Sana"

"Can you please just calm down?"

It was interesting how in a matter of seconds I went from not being able to stop staring at Sana to not wanting to look at her.

"I can't calm down" I told her in a half scream half whisper. "Did you really pay for his flight here?"

"Yes" her eyes now full of tears.

"Why?" I asked and I couldn't stop my voice from cracking.

"It was when you told Irene that she was yours at school. I was upset and I knew he would come if I asked him too. I needed someone when you were out there making claim on your ex-girlfriend forgetting that you had a girlfriend"