Chapter Fourteen:

CALEB'S POV

It was a breathtaking view to see Irene pressing on the white keys of the baby grand piano. It literally made my heart ache, well, either that or my medication wasn’t working. Either way the view was more than I could handle. One of those views that I’m sure could rid the world of sadness. She seemed so focused on each key she pressed and the piece of paper in front of her. You didn’t have to interact with her to know that she had a beautiful soul.

I had to stop messing around. I was hurting her and I was hurting Sana. Out of all people Sehun really put things in perspective for me. His words were harsh and most likely unnecessary but they were all true. I had to stop putting my selfish needs above their feelings. I had to stop lying to myself about being in love with the both of them. I am in love with both of them but it isn’t the same type of love. I had to stop being such a hypocrite with Sana and the whole Mark ordeal. She made a mistake, the same one I had made just months earlier and it wasn’t as bad as mine. Irene had done nothing but yet she kept getting hurt time over time. I had to stop making either of them an option for when the other hurt me. I fucking hated it but Sehun’s words kept on replaying in mind.

After I asked for permission for the both of us. I made my way down the hallway. That’s where I encountered Sehun. I hated that he looked like he was on a runway just walking down the hallway. I wanted to trip him but just like Irene and Sana, he didn’t deserve it either. Fuck him and his model complexion.

I was surprised when he stopped right in front of me. “Caleb right? Can I talk to you?” Sehun asked.

“I’m on my way somewhere. I don’t have time” I tried not to sound rude but this was the best I could come up with. I was already refraining from rolling my eyes.

“I know you’re going to the music room. I just spoke with Irene"

"Like I said I don’t have time” I told him again.

“Just a couple of minutes. I want to talk to you about Irene"

"You and I have nothing to discuss about Irene” How dare she try and talk to me about Irene.

“I’ll make it quick since you seem to be quite unreasonable. I understand now why you keep doing what you’re doing"

I shoved my hands into my jean pockets so that I wouldn’t shove him against the wall. “You know nothing about me nor about my relationship with Irene. So. Back. Off.” he had just ignited a fire in my veins.

"Look Irene came to me yesterday. I can’t believe you let that happen. She’s hurt but she tells me that it’s finally over between you both. I’m going to ask you to leave her alone this time and actually do it” I hated his smug face and how he talked so nonchalantly like we were exchanging recipes.

He just kept adding fuel to the fire he started. “I don’t know who you think you are but you need to stop talking to me about Irene. It isn’t any of your business. Don’t think you can tell me what to do. Besides, Irene will never love you” I could feel my chest and my breathing crashing against each other.

“It is my business actually. You might have been stupid enough to let her go but I’m not. You made your choice. You chose that other girl, now leave Irene alone. She’s not a girl to have as an option she’s been nothing but good to you and all you do is hurt her. Let her be happy. I’m sorry for saying this because I don’t know you. But what I do know is that she will eventually find out that she’s so much better without you. Stop feeding her hope if you’re not going to give yourself to her 100 percent. Give her a chance to forget you and be happy. She’s an amazing girl, more than you obviously deserve, you had your chance and you wasted it. So move out of the way so that I can undo what you did and make her see that there is better love than the one you gave her”