Chapter Four:

CALEB'S POV

"He's waking up" I heard a familiar voice say.

I was trying to open my eyes but my eyelids seemed to disagree with me and my head was throbbing.

When I was finally able to somewhat open my eyes I was able to see my mom standing to the right of me.

"There's my second born, how are you feeling honey?" My mom looked at me with angst. To the back of her was my sister Seulgi peeking over my Mom's shoulder. My dad was in front of me and Wendy, Yeri, and Joy where right behind him.

I tried to pull my left arm when I noticed that Irene was holding on to it but she quickly let go when she noticed I saw her. I was feeling a bit hazy with my head in pain and I couldn't even open my eyes wide because the room was too bright and white.

"Where am I?" I said looking to no one in particular.

"You're in the hospital honey" My mom replied.

"You—you fainted at school" Irene added.

"Did little baby donate blood and forget to eat her cookie again?" Seulgi said in a baby voice.

"Was it my fault? Was it because I threatened to give you a hard pounce?" Yeri sounded guilty, for once.

"Kim Yerim, why where you threatening to beat my child?" My mom asked and now everyone's eyes were on Yeri.

"See what happened was—well—I—I'm not sure I should be—you know—the one to tell you" Yeri was sweating; I guess its time to tell my parents about what I did.

"I cheated on Irene" Blurting it out seemed like the best way to get it out.

"Now that's a plot twist!" Seulgi yelled. "Who was it with? Wendy or Joy?

"Seulgi, please shut up!" I think my sister was a bigger mental case than I was at the moment.

"I'm sorry" Seulgi apologized.

"I've been watching too many kdramas" Seulgi then turned to our mom.

"Mom, we need to get rid of our Kdramas package on our cable or my brain is going to turn to mush" Mom didn't seem to be paying attention to Seulgi but she kept looking at me with shock and I'm not sure I liked that.

"Guys, can I have a few minutes with Irene alone?" Everyone took that as a cue and began to walk out of the room; Irene kept her eyes on me.

"Only for a few minutes, the doctor said you needed rest, then well have a talk" I could hear that stern voice my dad used when he wasn't exactly mad but he wasn't happy either. He always used that tone when he needed to get his point across to Seulgi or me when we'd done something wrong.

"How are you feeling?" Irene asked as soon as the door closed.

"My head is throbbing and I feel a little tired. What exactly happened?"

"Well, you walked out of the classroom and you just stood there and looked at me like you were lost. Next, you were on your way down to the floor and I managed to get a hold of you but part of your head still hit the ground. That's probably why your head is hurting. It was really scary Caleb" I could actually see the fear in her eyes.

"The doctor seems to think its stress but they took enough blood from you to feed a few vampires and they're running tests. And your I.V is pumping you with vitamins"

"That doesn't sound scary at all, I think you just like to nag me" I gave Irene a weak smile and her quiet laugh made me feel a little better.

"Listen, you didn't have to do this, but I'm genuinely thankful for you doing this, and for staying here until I woke up" I confessed.