Chapter Six:

CALEB'S POV

It has been three months since those two days I spent in the hospital. Three months since I last spoke to Irene. Three months since I yelled for her to come back, three months since she didn’t. Her last words to me have resonated in my mind for the past months.

I made that decision for the both of us. I was now living with that decision. I chose Sana. Sana and I made it official just a few weeks after the hospital incident. Sana wanted commitment from me and I could understand why.

I was sure I loved Sana but I wasn’t sure about commitment while Irene was still on my mind. But I gave it to her anyway.

Everything with Sana is much faster, not rushed, just faster. She’s very different, very different from Irene, from what I know. She’s taken me in the ocean like a wave and I don’t think she’s ever letting go. And I sure hope she doesn’t.

I love the way Sana makes me feel. It’s that feeling you get when you’re on a roller coaster and it begins to move, that anticipation you get between your stomach and chest. She’s thrilling and exciting and unlike that gut feeling you get when the roller coaster falls, Sana only takes you up, on a natural high. I can’t deny that I’m addicted to her, physically and emotionally. Her eyes are two beautiful shimmering diamonds. Everything about her is incredibly beguiling. Sometimes I can’t keep my hands off of her. I blame her mind-blowing body. And sometimes it’s the undeniable mind connection we have. Her passion for everything in her life is attractive and I can’t believe how exceptionally lucky I am to call her mine.

The dynamics between the girls and I had changed once I started dating Sana. I hardly saw them nowadays or spent any time with them. They all ate lunch and spent time out of school together. It wasn’t that they chose sides but I was the one that made the decision to choose Sana.

I missed Wendy a lot, she’s my best friend and I hardly got to see her. Communication through texts and phone calls just wasn’t the same. She would from time to time join Sana and I for lunch or . They were very minimal though I know she did it for me but I could tell she wasn’t enjoying herself around the new people on my life.

Yeri and Joy I had for classes but it’s always hard to tread around the subject of Irene. Everything was just sort of a mess.

My social life had definitely increased in popularity. With Sana it’s like she was made for the spotlight. She could probably rule the school. Almost everyday there is some type of social even if it was just hanging at Twice Diner. Definitely a lot of partying was happening. In these three months I can’t think of a weekend that hasn’t been party free. It’s just one after another.

I think it’s the new environment that makes me miss Irene even more. I miss the quiet Friday nights we spent watching a movie, eating pizza and as much candy and junk we could ingest. I miss the warmth Irene’s body provided while we cuddled on the couch. She still hasn’t spoken to me, not once.

I’ve tried my hardest to stop loving her, for Sana’s sake, for my sake, but I can’t. And it kills me that I can’t even talk to her. I miss her voice. Every attempt I’ve made to try and talk to her has failed. When I see her in the hallways she turns away. Even when she’s with the girls she’ll walk away. In English, she won’t even look my way. She’s very good at ignoring me. Even when I spend the whole period looking at her when Sana isn’t watching but she still never concedes. I know a friendship would be too much to ask from her but I miss her too fucking much. I still love her.

——————————————————

It was early in the morning and I was waiting by Wendy’s locker for the rest of the girls. Joy’s birthday was coming up and she wanted help planning it. I was excited to say the least; I was finally going to spend time with the girls.