Chapter Nine:

CALEB'S POV

I think for the first time since Sana and I started dating things were finally… easy. When it was just her and I, nothing else mattered. We hardly went out, we hardly spent any time apart. It didn’t matter what we were doing whether it was a movie, dinner or studying in my bedroom, we were happy to just be together without anything getting in the way. 

“You know you could be doing some studying too” Sana said lifting her gaze from her chemistry book.

“What do you think I’ve been doing—” I lift my wrist to look at the time. “For the past hour and a half"

"You’ve been on your phone doing god knows what"

I laugh. “Baby, my phone has been locked ever since I sat down. I’ve been studying the female anatomy of one Minatozaki Sana” I was resting on my headboard while Sana was across from me lying down horizontally, allowing me to have one of the best views in the world.

"Staring at my butt is not studying” Sana said rolling her eyes.

“Maybe not in your book but sure is in mine” I mumbled.

“The area of study is the surrounding the gluteus Maximus is more than intersting" And I stared intently at her butt.

"You are so dumb. Leave me alone. I’m trying to study"

"You’re the one that started talking. I was fine” Sana returned to look at her book and I continued to admire her.

I let her study for a while more then interrupted her. “Your dates are pretty boring, you know?”

“Excuse me?” Sana asked this time closing her book.

“Don’t get me wrong in this” I said waving my hand around in a circle. “And getting to admire your form is great but we’ve yet to go on an official date"

"So you consider this a date?"

"I mean sure. An unofficial one"

“So what does an ‘official’ one entail?” Sana said doing air quotes.

"We could have a nice fancy dinner and visit somewhere nice. But for starters I would get to actually touch you and not just look at you while you in a very sexy nerdy way study"

"Really?” Sana gave me an apathetic look.
“Sexy nerdy way? Sometimes I worry about your vocabulary and how you form sentences. How do you write such beautiful songs?"

I laughed throwing my head back on my headboard. “Truth be told they are all gibberish. But like you said I am just soooooo dreamy I probably sound like Shakespeare to you” I grinned at Sana.

“Anyway, Minatozaki Sana I would like to take you on a date”

"Okay” Sana said as she started crawling on the bed towards me. I could feel my heartbeat and temperature rising.

“As long as you promise not to sing to me. I’m sick of your voice. If only you’d stop talking then you’d be perfect” Sana said teasingly arriving next to me on the bed.

“Oh pretty squirrel goddess girl there is a very easy way to get me to stop talking” I lifted my thumb and placed it on Sana’s lips tracing them slowly.

“It’s these lips on mine. And you’ll never hear me again"

"I’m gonna have to sacrifice myself aren’t I?” Sana said groaning dramatically.

“Poor you” I said continuing with my finger on her lips.

“Shut up"

"Make me” And she did. Her lips two soft clouds of proof that paradise exists and they were all mine. I used to think magic was when a girl in a penguin suit somehow figured out the card I picked out. Boy, had I been wrong my entire life. A kiss from Sana, now that was magic. I don’t think there are enough words in a dictionary to describe a kiss from her. It was almost like getting her injected directly into my veins.