One

"I can't believe it...I'm really here." Aylea giggles after stepping out of her apartment complex. After arriving in South Korea earlier this morning, she decided to go explore to really let the feeling sink in.

Next week she starts her internship at The International St.Mary's Hospital. Next month her best friends Rumina and Nicole are coming to stay with her while they study through an exchange program. So far, her life is looking up.

As she tried to decide what to do first, sightseeing or shopping, she starts to walk and her stomach growls angrily. Oh, well then, food first apparently.

She crosses the street to a chicken shop and takes a seat at a two seater table. A young waitress walks over and smiles and greets her. Aylea smiles back and does the same.

The girl seems shocked that Aylea didn't mess up. She smiles and gives her a menu and asks what she wants to drink.

"Just water, thank you." She glances over the menu. She expected surprises looks. A black girl fluent in Korean isn't a common sight so she understands.
----

Aylea makes a mental note to take her friends Rumina and Nicole to this shop when they get settled in.

"Hello, Have You enjoy Your food?" A deep voice draws her attention up. An extremely adorable baby faced man stands with a kind smile. His English was precious.

"Yes I did. Thank you, my compliments to the cook." She starts in English and finishes in Korean.

The man smiles wider "I'm glad you enjoyed it. I am the cook here."

Aylea nods "When my friends arrive, I will most definitely bring them a lot. It was really good." She smiles.

A voice from the kitchen calls out "Seung Jo!" And the man stiffens and glances back. "Thank you so much! Enjoy the rest of your evening." He nods to her and goes off to the back.

Aylea leaves her payment on the table and a little extra as a tip before grabbing her bag and leaving. "Seung Jo, huh? This Kotoko won't mind trading over my Irie-chan with Ha Ni." She grins at her own joke.

Short beginning but they will get longer hence forth.

Enjoy and vote!

CountessYubi 💝