“Hey bub” Wendy said imitating Sana’s voice, while she poked at my stomach.

I laughed. “Shut it, Seungwan” and I pulled her into a tight hug.

“Aww, I missed you too” Wendy said holding on to the embrace.

“I—I’m glad I’m going to be seeing more of you all. Even if it’s not the same. And I don’t—I—well if Ire—” I wasn’t sure why I still wasn’t able to say her name.

“Relax. And I do believe Irene will be joining us. She spoke to Joy about it and she didn’t want things to be complicated or for anything to ruin Joy’s birthday"

"She still hasn’t spoken to me. Do you think she’ll talk to me for this?"

"I wouldn’t go for that just yet. It’s taken her a while to finally be okay. So, please just don’t push her” Wendy spoke in a soft tone.

“I won’t. But being around her and not be able to talk to her is going to take every single bit of will power in me"

"And we all know you have none of that” Wendy said laughing and I glared at her.

“I’m sorry. Too soon?” She said not ceasing her laugh.

Yeri and Joy were making their usual entrance in the hallway blasting Girls Generation. I’ll never understand the depth of their obsession for Girls Generation. Irene was right behind them smiling at the two fools dancing to their made up choreography of Gee. Irene’s smile faded when they got closer for she saw me standing next Wendy.

I gripped on tighter to the straps of my backpack. I greeted them with a simple hello not going in for a hug with either of them for I didn’t know if hugging Irene was allowed.

“So this is the plan gang!” Joy exclaimed.

“I want something different from the past years. It’s my 18th birthday, I’m going to be legal and I want to start it out with a bang. That’s where you come in” she said pointing at me.

“What’s up” I smiled back.

“Since you’ve become quite the party animal lately. I want your help to make my birthday the biggest party this year” She looked at me demandingly.

“Okay” I gulped tensely.

“I want it to be fancy, with glitter and rhinestones, fabulous, lots of alcohol and hot boys” she said looking at Irene.

I frowned internally thinking about Irene being with somebody else was something that had never crossed my mind and it was definitely something I didn’t want to happen.

“We could do it at my parents beach house if you wanted to?" We had owned the beach house for about 5 years, it was a 6 bedroom house. It would suffice for a good-sized party. And its not many people that can say their pool is the ocean.

"Oh my god! Yes! Yes!” Joy yelled moving to hug me.

“We can decorate it through out the week and secure everything to make sure that Caleb’s parents don’t kill us.” Yeri added. I could see everyone loved the idea.

We all went back and forth with ideas and plans as to what we wanted the party to have. I was involved but noticed that Irene never made it a point to even look my way. When the bell rang the girls took off I saw Irene lingering in her locker which was directly across from Wendy’s.

I really have no self-control. ”Irene?” I said quietly approaching her locker.

“Can we please talk? Or could you at least acknowledge that I exist?” I could feel my body shaking not sure of what Irene’s reaction would be.