Chapter 16: "Forgotten Glimpse"

(Somewhere...)

Please smile on the first day you visit my grave. Kimi wo aishiteru ******

"Hey, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" Sejeong asked her friend who suddenly sobs after reading the message written on a piece of paper locked inside a pendant.

I know my chingu and roommate is some kind of pretty weird, I mean she is really pretty and weird, but what she is doing right now is beyond the intellectual capacity of my discernment. Like what's the fuss?! She's hugging the pendant and the piece of paper so close to her heart and weeping like a broken hearted human being who got rejected after confessing when in fact she's the heartbreaker one. I feel sorry to all her victims, everytime they confess to her, the reply she always had in her pocket is a big NO! When I asked her why, she just keeps telling me that she felt like she is cheating on someone if she said yes. I don't know why that is. There are even some nights when I found her crying in her sleep, mumbling something I can't pin down. And when she woke up the next day, she looks so dejected, not her usual cheerful persona and that she cannot remember what she dreamt. We tried all the possibilities to find out what's going on with her, but so far it was an empty sheet.

The pendant wasn't hers to begin with or the message inside it, but right now with the way she acts, she's like the owner of it and the written note was meant for her eyes to shed tears or should I say, it was destined to shatter her uncolonized heart which is rather wondrous than any mystery stories at the moment. There's no way, she owns the pendant as it looks twice our age and we found it accidentally while we are cleaning the attic of our dorm. Damn our landlady for blackmailing us! She forced our lazy asses to clean here after getting us caught drinking beer last night. We're not really interested to attend the long sermon of our parents and the nightmare we're going to face after saying goodbye to our beloved credit cards.

"I don't know what's going on Sej..... I really hope that I can explain.... why this note... is killing me, but I can't...." The girl's breathing is a glitch.

I'm looking at her red swollen eyes, what I see in those beautiful orbs of her are pure pain. I don't even know the exact definition of that gloomy term, yet I can tell that no matter how abstract the explanation behind this unknown painting of her life, the two windows of her soul clearly expressed the heavy rain storming her heart at this very second. All I can offer is a hug to a friend who needed it the most right now.

"Do you know why I am clingy to the people around me?.....

She asked, but I keep my mouth in serene.

.....Coz I am looking for that embrace of someone my heart misses so badly. I don't know who the creator of that embrace, but I am surely craving for it."

My heart aches seeing her tears. I want to help my pretty weird friend, but I don't know how. For now, I can only join her crying brigade.