Chapter 15: "Lies and Replies"

Start from the beginning

"But I'm proud of you kiddo, wherever you are. At last, you achieved being the bride of the sport you love." Nayeon is talking to the two gold medals in her hand as if it was the lazy reader friend she had met years ago. Jeongyeon left them secretly the night after she woke up, it was her congratulatory token for the bunny girl.

..............................

(Present time...)

[Still Feb. 13, the night when Chaeyoung lost her consciousness due to Hypnosis Cue in Chapter 11.]

"Stop killing yourself with 'what ifs' confess tomorrow or taste the bitterness everyday. You've wasted years of holding back, aren't you tired of smashing your fatigued heart? Are you going to wait until someone else steals your seat beside her? You've let the years pass like sand, I think it's enough time for you to admit. I'm assuring you, Nayeon likes you too."

Stamped on her memory three years ago, that advice from Jihyo was edging around her cognizant every now and then. Everytime her coward self appeals to press the Stop button, she used her friend's input as a motivational pill to go for the green one, to push the Go button exposing her feelings to Nayeon but...

"Hello Jeongie.... you still there?"

"Hmmm..."

The only replied her throat can dribble at the moment. She's having a clash controlling her aching heart, which could be discerned from her strangulated and wobbly tone. She didn't want the other line to hear her cries.

A few more tickles of minute hand from the clock will set a new date in the calendar. A date which is special for people with united hearts, a date known as Heart's Day by others and Valentine's Day by many. It was supposed to be a special day too for the short haired girl, she is ready to confess, prepares every inch of her confidence but the bunny girl ruined it again, fencing her guts.

"So what's your answer, he's asking me for a date tomorrow, should I say yes?"

Nayeon is half-wit, an inclusive idiot of the burnt smell she caused on Jeongyeon's roasted heart by asking that sullen question. The latter is helpless but to cover her mouth with her shaking hand, muting herself from howling, howling the pain inside her chest. It was past midnight, no neighbor can be grateful for the sound of her weeps. She then ended the call, rudeness is not on her vocabulary, but her crushed heart cannot swallow the capsule of pain formulated by her bestfriend. She has to do it or with zero doubt, the person on the other line can eavesdrop her bawling.