27

"Good morning, Mrs Choi!" I chirped as I walked into the bakery.

"Good morning! All healed and ready to bake, huh?" She said as she passed me a cupcake.

"Of course!" I smiled as I gladly accepted the cupcake.

The bell hung at the top of the door ranged when a customer entered the bakery.

"How may I— ....help you, sir?" I trailed off when I saw a familiar face enter the bakery.

"Oh....you're the girl from the hospital..."

"Yeah..."

"Oh, hi there. Jungkook, right?" Mrs Choi cut in, walking towards the guy who just entered the bakery.

Jungkook...the name sounds familiar.

"Younha, this is Jungkook who will be be working here from now on."

"Hi, nice to meet you, I'm Jungkook. I'll be working here from now on, please take care of me." He bows.

"Right, Younha." I said as I reached out my hand.

He held my hand.

We shook hands.

And it's happening so fast.

The memories.

I remember.

The memories flashed through my mind like old films. And my mind recorded it down, clearly. Who was he? He was Jungkook.

The boy I've been crying and confused over, is now standing in front of me.

The boy who disappeared all of a sudden after kissing me, is here.

I let go of his hands and hugged him tightly in my arms.

"Jungkook...I've missed you." I mumbled as I cried onto his chest.

"Hey, you must've gotten the wrong person." He said as he pulled away gently.

"I am Jungkook. But not that Jungkook, i think." He replies.

"Wrong person?" My heart clenches even tighter than before. I feel useless.

How would he remember me? Of course he wouldn't.

I let go of his hands which I was holding tightly just now.

My eyes caught the slightly glistening  pendant on my necklace.

Its flickering again. Like how it was when Jungkook disappearing.

"I'm sorry. But I really think you got the wrong person." He said before leaving for the kitchen.

Another teardrop fell.

Another percent of hope in my heart fell.

"Younha, dear. I'm- sorry."

"You remember it all, right?" I asked.

"...Yes."

This has to be choice.

The only choice left.

Was to start all over again.

"Mrs Choi, can you please, take care of this?" I took off the necklace and I placed it gently down on Mrs Choi's palm.

"I want to start all over again with Jungkook."

After 3 years—

"Oh why, my dear, are you guys getting married soon?" Mrs Choi said as she passed Jungkook and I, a cup of tea.

"Yes." Jungkook as he scratched his head shyly.

"Ahh, I can't wait to see your children!" Mrs Choi said as she clasped her hands together.

"I think you'll have to wait." Jungkook said while giving me that look. I'm sure you know what that look is. He's a pervert.  I gave Jungkook a painful pinch on his thigh. He tried to hide the painful expression on his face.

"Oh my gosh, you guys are so cute!" Mrs Choi when I pinched Jungkook.