25

For a person who have been in coma for so long, I feel strong, like a normal human.

Like I weren't even in a coma before.

I gaze out at the stars outside the window.

I opened the window and let the breeze hit my face. I closed my eyes and felt the cold night breeze.

Ever since I woke up, I felt like there's something squeezing my heart.

My heart is clenching from time to time and I felt like crying or something.

The doctor said my body seems normal, so I don't know why do I feel this way.

I held the pendant on my necklace. I don't know where I got that from. But I don't want to take it off.

I walked around the hospital room and noticed a white rose lying on the table right by the bed.

I walked to towards the table and noticed a book next to the white rose. It looks very elegant, covered with gold lines and curves.

My eyes widen as I picked up the book, I found my name on top of it.

"did Racy left this here?"

I examined the book before deciding to just leave it alone. I shouldn't touch things that doesn't belong to me anyway. I shrugged off the thought and decided to just leave the book alone.

I decided to go out side for a walk.

I went to the vending machine to get a cup of coffee. While slipping the coins into the vending machine, one of them accidentally fell and rolled across the corridor.

"Here's your coin, miss." Another patient picked it up from the floor when the coin hit his shoe.

"Thank-" I flinched away from him when our hands touched while he passed me the coin.

A gush of emotions rushed through my heart. Happy, sad, angry and confused. My head starts throbbing. I placed one of my hands on my head and slid down the wall, landing on the floor.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he rushed over to me.

I moved away from him when he tried to help me up.

"Who are you? Get away from me." Was all that came out of my mouth. The gush of emotion felt bad and it clenches my heart. I hate it.

He paused, moving backwards as if he was taken aback by my words. I took the time to observe his familiar yet unfamiliar facial features.

"I was just trying to help you! There's no way you're gonna make it back to your room like that." He raised his voice a little as he got ready to stand up.

"I'm gonna carry you up, okay?" He said while slightly bowing. He placed a hand under my thighs and another behind my back. And there it goes, that feeling. But it soon got better and I calmed down a little.

"What's your room number?" He asked as he walked swiftly down the corridor while carrying me.

Isn't he a patient too? Where did he get all the energy?

"2-26." I replied, tongue-tied.

"Look, you don't have to do this, I can walk on my own." I blurted out.

"Okay, then." He mumbled as he lets go of me. I was ready to hit the ground but instead, I fell onto something soft. Right. The bed.

And he left without saying anything.

The touch. The warmth. Everything felt so familiar, like I knew how it felt from the start.
Why is this happening? I haven't even met him before.

Then, the book on the table caught my attention again. It would be okay for me to open it right? My name was on top of it after all.

I slowly flipped the book opened. I paused to read when I saw some words on the first page.

Are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark?

Who are we?

Just a speck of dust within the galaxy?

It's me.

If we're not careful, it turns into reality.

But don't you let our best memories bring you sorrow.

Yesterday I saw a lion kiss a deer.

Turn the page, maybe we'll find a brand new ending.

Where we're dancing in our tears.