20

I took a deep breath and slowly picked up the second letter.

Younha, it's Racy. My rage got the best of me and that's why things turned out this way. i used to think that after wonwoo died, everything would be fine. But i was wrong. i'm sorry. i just felt guilty that you have to be dragged into this mess. I hate to admit this but now I feel that wonwoo actually did not deserve to die. The guilt inside me is killing me every single day and I can't even look at your eyes. Wonwoo told someone to spread that it was me who pushed him off. But I told that someone to change it to you. I did that so I will not be blamed.

I don't care if you hate me or not. I've done enough. I know that I'm wrong. I am not asking for forgiveness. I hope you will come to school tomorrow.

- Racy

What....why did she write a letter when she can-

I look back at Mrs Choi with a frown.

"Why? She didn't....she didn't right?" I look pleadingly at Mrs Choi and she just look down sadly.

"Taehyung tried to stop her. But he fell with her."

Taehyung?

I fell weak all of a sudden. My grip on the letter in my hand loosen. My hands felt cold and my pupils dilates.

"They are in a critical situation right now. I don't think they will last."

"I have to go to them." I said as I stood up. But Mrs Choi held me down.

"You can't...." She said.

"Why?!"

"They are destined to die today. The grim reaper is already on his way."

"G-grim reaper?" I said as I let out a bitter laugh.

"Drink. It will calm you down." She said as she hand me the teacup into my shaky hands.

She's right. It calm my nerves and my muscles relaxed. I did not realise that I have already finished the tea until the last drop.

"Today is the day of revelation. If you want to see them, I will not hold you back. But once you leave, I will not explain anything to you." She smiles apologetically.

"That's her order. I'm sorry."

I pursed my lips and nodded half-heartedly.

Mrs Choi pours another serving of the tea into my cup.

"Now that you know everything between Racy and Wonwoo,"

"Do you know why the old lady gave me that magic pendant?" I asked before she could finish her sentence.

"Yes." She replied hesitantly, as if she didn't want me to know the reason.

"She just felt like you deserved it." She continued.

"Why were you away for weeks?" I continued.

"I've been here. Taking care of her."

"Taking care of her? ....why?"

Her expression dramatically turns glum.

"She.....will not live long."

"You mean...." My eyes widens in realisation.

"And do you know what will happen if she is gone?" Mrs Choi asks.

"Erm....no...." I replied unsurely.

"She...." Her expression turns serious.

She never wore such a serious expression before, she always had a gentle look.

"She will not be the only one disappearing. Her works, her contributions to this world will disappear too."

I took in her words. And it hit me like a truck.

"And it includes...." I said with a shaky voice.

"Jungkook."

I inhale sharply.

A piercing pain shot through my heart. There's a lump in my throat and I couldn't utter anything.

My hand trembled as I clutched on tightly to the papers lying on my lap, crumpling them. My breath slowly turns short as hot tears filled up in my eyes.

A tear fell as I looked down.

"Can't he just stay?"

One after another, tears began tolling down my cheeks.

I look up at Mrs Choi though everything was blurry for me.

"I'm sorry."

"Why?" I shook my head. Not wanting to process everything she said to me.

This is too much. She must be lying. But why would she lie about Jungkook's disappearance?

I gasped for air, feeling really suffocated. I wiped away my tears and looked up at the woman in front of me.

"I want to see her." I sniffle.

"Please." She looked at me sympathetically before standing up with a sigh.

I followed her when she enters a certain room.

I paused for a while after seeing the old lady looking so thin and weak.

She looks so much fragile now than the last time i saw her in the alley.

Just by looking at her. I already know how bad her condition is.

She tries to flutter her eyes open, but barely succeeded.

I began to lose hope as I looked at her feeble body.

I quietly walk towards the bed and crouched down next to her.

"You're....finally here." She says breathlessly and tries to smile.

My heart clenched in the most painful way as I held her hands.

I cried wardlessly next to her.

"I'm sorry. I will have to leave soon."

"Can't you...can't you just let Jungkook stay?" I said with a hint of desperation in my voice.

"I can't...even if I want to, I cant."