23

I jumped, into the void mist as the fox on my shoulders clawed at my hoodie and screeched in my ear.
My body twisted in the wind and I quickly grabbed onto Loki seeing him go airborne, holding him against my chest tightly.
I opened my mouth to scream but was silenced quickly when I landed on my feet in a warmly lit room. The room looked like it was set up around Christmas time, and the air smelled of cookies and hot chocolate. It looked like a living room, in the corner was a he only decorated Christmas tree with presents flooding from underneath it.
The fireplace had three stockings hanging to the side, away from the glowing fire raging in the small space.
The walls were made of a dark polished wood, and the floor was perfect, white, fuzzy carpet.
It felt cozy and warm, inviting even.
The sound of chatter and conversation was loud to the right, where a hallway sat. The smell of a roast dinner was strong, along with alcohol and more chocolate.
I set Loki back onto my shoulder, walking slowly towards the noise, my hand gliding against the wall as I went.
"I feel like I've seen this place before."
The sounds of beautiful singing came from outside the window, and I peered through the glass, seeing a small group of people outside on the porch.
A small girl, about the age of ten walked to the front door, her eyes wide and curious. Her small hand grabbed onto the door knob and pulled the door open, looking at the group of people with confusion.
They suddenly broke into song, singing a wide variety of wonderful songs from christmas carols to punk rock songs. She smiled and hugged the person closest to her, which seemed to be a teenager wearing lots of band merchandise, and a black hoodie covering her hair.
The young teen seemed shocked, but seconds later wrapped her into a tight hug, lifting her off of the ground and swinging her around, making them both laugh.
I smiled at the sight, Loki rubbing his head against my neck.
They stayed out there for a few hours, dancing, and smiling the cold night away. The towns people came together and made some sort of block party out on the streets, just having a good time. No alcohol or perverts, no drama or hatred. Just a town coming together to have fun.
Maybe my life had been this way, if I remembered...
After a moment I used my powers to fly into the air, looking around and trying to catch a glimpse of where I am.
Loki began to get restless of staying on my shoulders and tried to move around, not really getting anywhere.
I grabbed him and thought for a moment, before smiling and tapping his shoulder blades twice, holding him out in front of my, his back towards me.
His back began to shift, and his shoulder blades began to roll, as if a human were rolling their shoulders. After the sound of clicking bones and watching his fur move, two white as snow wings broke through his fur, making him wiggle around in alarm.
I smiled, and twisted in the air as a little celebration, letting go of Loki for a moment without realizing.
I herd him squeak in alarm and flail around, but his wings held him in the air, and he seemed to relax. Instantly he learned how to move around and use his wings correctly.
He seemed to grin, and flew around me excitedly, his tail blazing and leaving a trail of smoke behind him.
I flew forward, grabbing his attention and he followed immediately, speeding north as quickly as possible.
Maybe they haven't forgotten about me.
We got there in a matter of minutes, the time flew by faster when I snapped my fingers and simply created a portal to the pole.
Score!
I glided in the wind towards a nearby open window, sliding in and rolling across the ground.
I hugged, standing up and looking around, Loki standing beside me.
The shelves were empty, the room was dark, abandoned and cold. No trace of toy note cookie was left, just dark and eerie shadows.

"Hello?"

No one was here.
And it seems it's been like that

For a long time.