1

// just an authors note, this story is NOT appropriate for younger viewers, and I don't recommend this tbh. When I started writing I wasn't sure what I was doing or what I was truly going through, and it appears as I reread this that I'm romanticizing depression and self harm. I would like you to just avoid this story at all costs if you're looking for a comfort fic. This isn't that. And I wish I could delete this or completely start over, but lots of people enjoy the story and understand that this isn't a good relationship between the two. It's weird, off, and back and forth with emotions. It isn't a healthy relationship and never will be. So I'm apologizing in advance and would recommend you leave it as it is.
9/10/20

also, anytime the readers age is mentioned, just imagine it says 19 or 20. I can't find anywhere where it's actually mentioned other than the description, so please bear with me. Thank y'all again
2/25/22

———

As we pulled into our new snow covered drive way I sat and stared out the window. Not caring that we were at our new home or not.
My head rested on my palm which was covered over by the sleeve of my (f/c) sweatshirt that reflected off the window.
I stared at the blue cloudy sky, wishing for something exciting to happen, other than moving with some guy and girl I don't even know that much about. Except knowing that they're my new parents.
"(Y/n)! Come get your stuff and get to your room!!" I hear Vanessa yell at me.
She is my new "mom" and she acts like a total bitch. She is also abusive. I hate her.
She has brown hair with blue eyes and has a very slim body. She is 25.
"I don't know what room is mine!!!" I scream back. Not caring what she will do to me.
I already go through  enough pain that I mostly can't feel it anymore.
She stomped over to my door and yanked it open, she gripped me by the collar of my shirt and slapped my cheek hard, leading up to a punch.
My dad, Ethan, grabbed her by the arm and made her let go and stop from doing anymore damage.
"Stop, that's enough!" He yelled and threw her to the side. She growled and stalked inside, probably to sulk in her bedroom.
He unbuckled my seatbelt and carried me bridal style into the house and onto the cream colored couch.
He walked back outside and came back in with my bags and sat them next to me on the couch. He than walked off to the kitchen and got an ice pack and set it on my cheek.
You see, Ethan is the guy who doesn't like mean and violent people but hates to let them down, that's why he's still married to Vanessa. He is a red head and has an awesome six pack. He's also 25.
"Thanks." I murmured and held the ice pack against my cheek.
"Go choose a room and tell me which one it is, than I'll bring your stuff in that room. There are beds in all the rooms already so just lie down after telling me." He instructed. And I followed his orders by nodding my head and walking upstairs.
As I walked around the rooms and halls I came to the first room. It was pretty small with one window, cream colored walls, black ceiling and sheets on the bed and a wooden closet for clothes. There were a few shadows in the room but  I didn't mind.
"This is it. I guess." I whispered and walked back downstairs. I came to my dad who was still on the couch waiting for me.
"The room with the cream colored walls, black ceiling and sheets, and one window." I said to him.
He nodded and stood up, grabbed my bags and followed me up to my new room.
He set my bags at the end of my bed and looked over the room.
"Are you sure? It looks a little...dark." He said and I nodded my head.
"Ok then. I'll be down stairs if you need anything." He replied and walked out of the room.
I looked over the room, because I felt I was being watched, and looked into the shadows on the walls.
Nothing.
I shrugged my shoulders and opened one of the bags, finding my book and sat on the bed and started to read.
The book was about the guardians.
Sand man, tooth fairy, Santa clause, and the Easter bunny.
They also had one main enemy. Pitch Black; also known as the Boogieman.
And I believe in all of them. Mostly Pitch though. But only because I barely have any dreams. Only nightmares.
But I'm still scared of the dark.
I'm always living in fear and sadness.
I thought about my life before moving, the plain crash, screams of terror, darkness, waking up, finding out about my parents death, and than the orphanage.
I started to silently cry and I sat the book onto the floor. I rolled over onto my stomach and pulled the pillow to my face to muffle out my sob's of sadness and fear.
I soon found myself drifting to sleep and found my eyes starting to flutter closed.
I saw a shadow move over to my bed with fierce yellow eyes. I saw a wicked grin plastered on his grey face when his hand ran over his slicked back black hair.
"W-who-" I started sleepily.
"Sweet nightmares (y/n)..." A low British accent interrupts.
I than felt the feeling of cold lifeless fingers running against my cheek, than moving a strand of hair behind my ear and running against my back. My eyes closed and I fell into my most feared and dark nightmare.