Graduation

Ethan:

One of the biggest days of your life and Ethan was no where to be seen. You couldn't deny that it hurt.

"I just wanted Ethan to be here. I know he is busy but this is a big day for me," you said to your friend, who stood next to you also waiting to walk across the stage to receive her diploma.

"Y/N you can't blame Ethan for not being here. He can't drop everything to be here for you," she said, a frown setting on your face. You knew Ethan wasn't able to drop everything for you but that didn't stop you from wanting him to be there.

"Of course not. I just wish my boyfriend was here for me. I'm always there for him and just one day I want," you stopped mid sentence. She didn't understand. To her it sounded like you were complaining over nothing. Maybe it shouldn't of mattered but it did. You forced a smile as your name was called, walking across the stage to receive your diploma.

"Well it's done," you heard a familiar voice say as the ceremony was finished. "You looked miserable." A laugh echoed through your ears, the one that you came to love the most.

You turned around, a wide smile forming as you saw Ethan standing there. "You made it!"

Grayson:

Grayson had been telling you for a couple of months that he wouldn't be able to make your graduation because he had a meeting that day. It crushed him to break the news to him because he knew how excited you were. He wasn't going to be there to see a moment that was so important to you and he wanted to be there. You reassured him it was okay and you understood, even if you were slightly disappointed.

Grayson had tried and tried to move the meeting and finally succeed. He didn't want to tell you though because he wanted to surprise you. 

"What are you doing here?" You questioned and ran up to him after you had spotted him. 

"I knew how much this meant to you and I couldn't miss it," he told you. "I love you Y/N. You're always there for my big moments so there was no way that I was going to miss yours."