Chapter 22: Beach Day & First Tattoo

When I woke up I heard my phone vibrating on the counter next to me. I briefly looked over at the phone before getting up. As my eyes were adjusting I glanced at the clock which read 9:30. I rubbed my eyes as I reached to answer the phone.

"Hello." I said tiredly.

"Janelle, I scheduled a meeting for you tomorrow. Your meeting at the studio downtown with Jhene to go over the vocals. Please do not be late and be on your best behavior."

"Why didn't you just text me?" I yawned.

"I wanted to tell you myself so that you wouldn't forget."

"Ok, I'll talk to you later because I have to take a shower." I said.

"Bye, but please don't forget. I'll text you the details and instructions." She said before hanging up.

I put my phone on the bed and went into the bathroom to shower. As I was in the middle of washing out the conditioner from my hair I heard the door in my room slam shut. I turned off the shower head and quickly wrapped a towel around myself. I opened the the door slowly peering through the crack. A few feet away stood Laurent watching me.

"Hey, I thought you were my brother." I said smiling.

I opened the door standing in the doorway.

"Oh, he let me in." He replied before plopping onto my bed.

I walked toward my closet picking out an outfit before being stopped by Laurent.

"I'm going to be taking you to the beach today."

I decided on wearing something that I
hadn't worn in for a while.

After changing into my clothes I took one of my clean towels before going over to Laurent

"I'm ready."

We both got up from the bed and walked out of my room. I followed behind him as we walked down the hallway and into the kitchen area. The house was completely silent except for the low frequency of volume coming from the inside of Dominic's room. I grabbed my keys from the kitchen counter and purse before proceeding out of my house. While we waited on the elevator doors to open I reached out to grab his hand.

Once at the bottom I trailed behind until we reached his newly washed car. As soon as I entered the car I got a strong whiff of his cologne making me smile to myself. I watched as he went around then came in. After he pulled out of curb I started talking him.

"Which beach are we going to?" I asked fiddling with my fingers.

"It's a surprise."

"You know I don't like surprises right?"

"Yes but I promise you'll like it." He said gazing at me for a few seconds before staring back at the road.