6. Unexpected change

Start from the beginning

"What was that message about?" Jimin spoke in a confused tone. "What do you mean by the date is cancelled?"

"It means the date is cancelled." I shrugged casually, trying not to show that it affected me in the slightest.

"I gathered that. But why?" He scoffed, annoyed. I debated for a few seconds, but I finally gave in. I did owe him an explanation, since I was the one who dragged him into this mess in the first place.

"Up until today everything seemed fine. Yojin was as excited as I have never seen her before. But I am guessing she started overthinking it last night." I heaved a sigh before continuing. "She said she doesn't want to go along with the plan. She would rather stay invisible and look from afar."

"That doesn't make sense. If she likes him and Hoseok is clearly interested, than what seems to be the problem?" He sincerely looked surprised.

"It isn't necessarily just about liking one another." I sighed before I found the right words to use. "You see, you are quite popular and that's still an understatement. Girls try to get close to you on a daily basis, even your presence make them go insane in seconds. She is afraid that if things don't work out, she would be the laughing stock in the school. Which I completely understand. But then even if things work out the way we wanted, she would definitely be the centre of bullying. Just think about it. Do you think your fans would let it slide, that Hoseok is interested in someone other than them?" I shook my head, responding to my own question. "She would be harassed in each and every corner, she would be scared most of the times and she is not strong enough for that. At least, that is what she said. I would argue that, but when she sets her mind on something, noone is able to change it." He looked at me with an unreadable expression, but I was certain he wasn't aware of the weight, their fame put on their relationship with people. He looked down as he was debating what to do, but I knew, whatever he came up with, would be useless. It was Yojin's decision after all.

"So are we going to just let it go? Are we not even going to try anything else? Maybe another way?" He lifted his head to look into my eyes again. 

"No, unfortunately it wouldn't make sense

"No, unfortunately it wouldn't make sense. I'm sorry." I shook my head. "She clearly doesn't want to go along with it, whatever the outcome maybe." I looked up into his dark irises, searching for something. Something that showed, that even though we had no chance to go along with the plan, he could have been interested in getting to know me. Maybe a little spark that showed he wanted me in his life even as a friend if nothing more. But I was unsuccessful. His eyes showed nothing of that sort. "I have to go to class, so do you. I will see you around." I turned and walked out of the classroom, heaving a deep sigh as the door finally closed behind me. I felt my chest tighten, but I just ignored the negative feeling, trying to shake it off.

After a couple of hours of suffering through classes, Yojin still didn't talk to me, nor did she ask about what I have talked with Jimin. I found it rather strange, but I didn't dispute it. She probably needed space on her own.

As lunch break arrived, we walked to the cafeteria, picked up a tray of food each and to my surprise, with Yojin's lead, we walked out to the basketball court. After all that happened, I thought she was about to keep as much distance as possible, but it seemed I was entirely wrong.

"What have you talked to him about?" She asked finally as we took a seat, looking over to the boys on the other side. Although I was certain she had her eyes sat on only one of the boys.

"Nothing really. I simply explained to him, that it might not be the best decision and that we will not be going after all." A soft smile forced my lips into a curve.

"But why are you not going out with him anyway?" She asked frowning.

"I guess, he didn't want to. He didn't protest in the end anyway." I shrugged, taking a bite of my food.

"I screwed it up, didn't I?" A deep sigh left her lungs and a confused expression spread across her face.

"No, you didn't." I smiled gently.

"But I did, though. I wish he wasn't as popular as he is. It's so hard to get closer to him." She smiled painfully, looking away, not particularly on anything. I crossed my arms around her shoulders and gave a big kiss on her cheeks, making her giggle. "Thank you for being here for me and I really am sorry that you couldn't go out with Jimin."

"Oh come on, I'm too good for him anyway." I smirked, causing her to shake her head.

"You are unbelievable." She smiled happily, as if her problems have been forgotten for a few seconds. 

Notes: If you enjoyed it, don't forget to like the chapter. Thank you :)