5. Bulletproof plan

Start from the beginning

"Nothing. You are quite interesting when you get worked up about things." He smirked.

"Are you trying to have a fight with me?" I frowned. The guy I met the day before and the guy sitting beside me were two completely different people.

"I have no intention to do so, but I'm quite certain that it would be fun." He chuckled.

"You are unbelievable." I rolled my eyes. "Instead of wasting our time, we could just come up with a plan."

"What do you have in mind?" He asked looking straight into my eyes, which forced me to look away.

"I'm not really sure. What do you think about a date?" I asked.

"I'm quite confused about why I'm needed for that." He frowned.

"My friend, Yojin might be a tiny bit shy when it comes to boys. She has a tendency of shutting down in unusual situations." I explained. "I thought we could do a double date or something, so it would be less awkward for them, or at least for her." Jimin's eyebrows ran high and a shocked expression took over his face. He didn't reply, so I waited patiently. I took my bottle of water and took a sip of it. It was a rather hot day for March and my survival instincts kicked in, craving for some liquid in my system.

"You want to go on a double date, basically." He finally spoke. I nodded along while slurping on my water. "Are you asking me out on a date?" He smirked and I automatically spit my water out in surprise.

"That's not what I meant." I shook my head and slowly realised what I've done once again. Luckily he wasn't angry, he was rather amused.

"You really need to learn how to keep your drink in your mouth, otherwise I will have to charge you for my laundry." He started drying his white shirt with a tissue, he took out of his bag. Although I was supposed to apologise, I definitely didn't feel apologetic. I didn't mind how his wet shirt attached to him, revealing his toned upper body. It was rather hard to concentrate on anything else though or even to turn away. I felt my face heating up and I knew for certain that I was blushing. "Is everything okay? Your face seems really red." He looked at me with concern in his eyes, before a slight grin appeared on his face. I had a feeling, he knew what caused my blushing cheeks, but I tried to shake it off.

 I had a feeling, he knew what caused my blushing cheeks, but I tried to shake it off

"I'm fine. It's just a bit hot out here." I said trying not to face him. I took a few deep breath, before I decided that I was ready look at him again, calmly. "Anyways, back to subject. Are you in?"

"I mean, if you are asking me for a date, so desperately, who am I to refuse?" He chuckled, but I just rolled my eyes.

"Get over yourself." I scoffed, but I felt my ears burning and my cheeks heat up once again. I certainly didn't like the effects he had on me and I was afraid that he realised them too.

"Fine. As I don't have a better idea and because you are asking me so nicely, I can't decline such an offer." He smirked and I just wanted to facepalm myself, which was probably written all over my face. He was definitely, a completely different person.

"I will talk to Yojin then and you can discuss it with Hoseok. Would Friday, 8pm work?" I asked casually. He nodded in response. "Good, we will arrange the rest of the details later." I spoke again and stood up to leave. I was about to walk away, when a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me back gently.

"I don't even know your number." He stated casually, but what I said next even surprised me.

"Well, we are going to the same school, we can always talk here. It's not necessary." As soon as I realised my own words, I was planing on disappearing from this planet once again. As if I forgot that I wanted to get to know him, I concentrated so much on my little plan, I stupidly declined him when he finally asked for my number. I honestly thought that the day couldn't have gotten worse.

"Still, we might need to talk when we are out of school. We might need to discuss something before the date. You never know. We do have to communicate somehow." Although I didn't show it, I was glad, he decided to pursue the subject, instead of just letting it go.

"I guess, why not." I replied and entered my number into his phone as he gave it to me. I saved my number and took out my phone when he called it so I could save his. "I will talk to you later then." I smiled and walked back to Yojin, who was sitting nervously on the same bench I left her. 

As I arrived back and took a seat next to her, I realised how nervously she was fidgeting. I knew she was eager to hear the details, so I didn't waste any more time, I told her what happened exactly. When I talked about the double date with Jimin and Hoseok, she seemed to be in some sort of a shock, but soon the initial surprise turned into a happily giggling Yojin. 

Notes: If you enjoyed it, don't forget to like the chapter. Thank you :)