Ch.49- Unfamiliar Home

*Kagome's POV*

In messy handwriting, I signed my name on the dotted line before glancing up at the lady. I slowly handed her the small stack of papers.

"And, you're free to go home, Miss!" The receptionist cheerfully grabbed the papers from me. She flashed me a genuine smile, which was contagious. "Congratulations."

"Yes," A pair of arms circled around my shoulders as I was drawn into a hard chest, "congratulations."

My lips pulled into a grin, as I could already guess who was behind me. From my peripheral vision, I could see a pair of lips about to plant on my check. In a swift movement, I turned my head to connect our lips before facing forward again.

"Kagome!" Koga laughed, his chest rumbling against my back. His arms lowered to my hips before lifting my body off the ground, my back pressing against his front. He started walking out of the hospital.

I gasped before laughing uncontrollably. I squirmed slightly in his grasp, though I knew it wouldn't do anything. He carried me through the doors and to the left. Snow mixed with mud layered the grass, barely any green blades peeking through. Ice covered the ground in a thin layer, yet still hazardous. He walked cautiously around the patches on the sidewalk.

After passing a few compact cars, we paused at a red truck.

I glanced over the truck. No rust or peeling paint was apparent to the eye. The windows were clear and absent of cracks. A few scratches near the door handles, but that was about it. I was satisfied for some reason.

Koga placed my feet back on the ground, but not completely letting me go. His hands remained on my hips as I turned around in his hold. He rose a single hand to trace a lightly bruised circle under my collarbone. A small smirk was plastered on his face as he eyed the hickey.

"Don't look so smug." I commented, wrapping my arms around his neck, a playful smile ghosting mine. This only made his ego inflate enormously. His eyes held a mischievous glint as he lowered his head. His warm tongue flicked across my skin in a single swipe.

"Koga..." I groaned helplessly as pleasurable shivers ran down my spine. My head immediately tilted back, allowing him to gain full access. He pushed my back into the passenger's door, the handle digging uncomfortably into my lower back. Before I could complain, his fingers dug into my side. A giggle escaped my mouth against my will.

Much to my dismay, he pulled away from me. His eyebrows raised skywards as he seemed intrigued by the sound that came out of my mouth. A singe hand rose to swipe across my side, but paused when I shivered, clanking my teeth together briefly.

"Ah, shit! I'm sorry, babe." He muttered, realizing that I was freezing in my thin sweater and leggings. He shrugged off his jacket before wrapping it tightly around my shoulders. He shooed me into the truck, running to the driver side and hopped in.

"G-Good thing you warmed the truck up." I commented, sliding into the passenger side and clicking the seatbelt on. I rubbed my hands together in front of the dashboard vent, allowing the warm air to defrost my fingers.

"No kidding." Koga reached over and grabbed my hands. His hands engulfed mine, rubbing his over mine.

"I have a question." I spoke before silence could fill the car. He met my gaze and tilted his head to the side in confusion, like a puppy. It was cute and made my heart swell from the simple action.

"Yeah?"

"So...'babe'." I hinted towards the nickname that I was already found of. His hands paused momentarily as his eyebrows scrunched together, trying to remember when he said it. Suddenly, as if a light bulb lit up, his eyes widen in realization.

"Wow...Some question..." Koga teased lightly, meaning that I actually didn't ask a question at all, more so implied it. I rolled my eyes before slugging him in the arm.

"Koga!" I dragged out the last syllable of his name in a whiny tone.

Chuckling, he put the car in reverse and started pulling out. "What about it?" His left hand rested at the bottom of the steering wheel while his right one rested on the gear shifter.

"Well," I hesitated, unsure of how to word things. I grasped the bottom of shirt and fiddled with a frayed string.

"Do you not want me to call you that?" His hand shifted higher on the steering wheel as his fingers strummed a random beat. He turned his head to the left, looking for traffic, before going across the intersection.

"No!" I blurted before I could process my lips moving. "No, I was just curious about it." I grabbed his hand that was resting on the gear shifter and laced are fingers together. My fingers curled around his hand perfectly.

Koga brought our hands up, close to his face. The air coming out of his nose tickled my thumb, causing me to slightly twitch when he planted a kiss on my hand.

"Well, okay then, babe." Koga squeezed our hands playfully as he stressed the word 'babe'. I gave a light squeeze back.

Within the few minutes of silence, we were turning into a driveway. My heartbeat picked up and my palms become sweaty. I unlaced our hands to wipe my palms on my tights. I gulped while analyzing the neighborhood.

"You alright?" Koga glanced at me after shutting the engine off. 

"Yeah.." I let out a shaky breath and closed my eyes. Curling my hands into fists on my lap, I tried to slow my breathing.

"Yeah, you seem perfectly fine." His voice had sarcasm laced in it, making me open my eyes. "You don't have to do this if you don't want to."

I nodded my head slowly. "Okay, but I want to." I almost whimpered, barely finding my voice.

Within the same amount of time it took for me to unbuckle my seatbelt, he had leaped out of the truck and ran over to my side. I pushed open the door, only to be whisked out of my seat from Koga.

"Koga!" I yelled childishly, giggling while wrapping my arms around his neck. "I can walk, you know."

"I would know; I'm the one that taught you!"

I rolled my eyes with a small smile on my face. It slightly faltered as he swung the door open and entered. 

The house wasn't enormous, but it wasn't too small either. Just the right size for two people and maybe a dog. The walls were painted a light beige that blended well with the brown and blue furniture. A long couch laid opposite of the television, to which Koga leaped on, only for me to be smothered by his body. 

"How do you like it?" He whispered in my ear, his arms wrapped around my torso. His body weight was being supported by his knees and elbows. 

"Are we talking about you pressing your body against me or the house?"

He chuckled at my joke, allowing his body to press harder against me. 

"I like it... It's very homely." I commented at the observation of what I've seen so far. 

"Well, you're going to love what I'm about to show you." He scooped me into his arms once again before going to the backyard. A small stone path led to multiple locations, one of them being to a decent size ground pool. Blue water sparkled in the sunlight.

"I love pools!" I screamed excitedly, trying to squirm out of his grasp to go view the pool. 

"Me too!" Koga screamed in a high pitch, trying to mimic my voice. I laughed at his failed attempt. 

Before I had a chance to say anything, he picked up his pace to running before jumping into the pool with me in his arms. Clothes, phone and all.