Ch.27- New girl, you're alive

*Kagome's POV*

Terror consumed my mind and slowly ate away at my stomach as I continued to free fall. The scream continued endlessly to rip from my throat as I awaited for the ground to smash into my back and spine. Instead of meeting earth's hard floor, a pair of arms encircled around me safely and spun me around in their arms to regain balance.

"Kagome." The relief that poured into the speaker's voice forced me to look into their eyes. Golden eyes sparkled with happiness. 

"Are you okay?" InuYasha demanded as his grip tightened considerably when I didn't respond right away.

"I-I-" I sputtered helplessly before Miroku and Sango had appeared out of thin air.

"Oh my Gosh, Kagome." Sango whimpered softly, as she too was afraid. Her eyes were wide with the same fear I had felt. I smiled weakly at her worried form that reminded me of a mother hen.

"I'm so sorry, Kagome. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." Miroku kept muttering apologies over and over. His hand clutched his hair in despair. 

"I'm okay." My voice came out raspy and hoarse from screaming so harshly. "It was an accident."

"It was an accident." Sango repeated my words gently. She unlatched his tight grip on his hair and laid a hand on his tight fist. While running a hand through his tangled hair, she drew him close before yanking him into an embrace. 

InuYasha had placed me back on my feet hesitantly, like he didn't want to let me go but he knew he should. I linked my arm with his, pulling us together. I wrapped my arms around his torso and laid my head on his chest. I listened to his heart softly thump in my ear drums. I felt  him lay his head on top of mine and hug my neck reassuringly. 

"I'm okay." I rubbed his back soothingly in circles, his hair slightly tickling my hands, but I ignored it. 

"I know." He released a shaky breath before pulling back. 

"I'm so stupid. I'm so stupid." Miroku muttered hatefully to himself.

"No, you're not." Sango denied, slightly shaking her head.

"Miroku." I said gently, gaining his attention. He released Sango and stepped away from her. "It was an accident. You didn't mean to scare me that much. I'm a very jumpy person when something scares me suddenly, but you didn't know that." A tiny smile tugged on my lips. "You learn something new everyday."

"You're right,  Kagome." His shoulders slowly became more relaxed and his face became less regretful. 

"All that matters is that Kagome is alright." Sango said with a firm nod of her head. She stepped behind Miroku and laced their fingers together. 

A wide smirk spread on my lips. I quickly turned on my heel and sped off in the opposite direction.

"Miroku's it!"

It took a few moments for everyone to grasp what was going on before they all stared in shock as they watched my retreating body. I carefully avoided all of the trees. I leaned against a nearby pole heavily as I panted harshly, trying to regain my breath. I watched in amusement as InuYasha and Sango both scattered away from Miroku. It was very hilarious to watch Miroku attempt to tag InuYasha, as InuYasha was way too fast for the monk. Sango bent over in laughter as she watched this, but stopped shortly once she saw Miroku heading straight to her.

"H-hey!" She said as he got closer. "Not fair! I tagged you last! You can't tag me!"

"That's not how the rules play, my dear Sango." Miroku lunged forward and latched onto Sango as they tumbled. I gasped, not believing that Miroku had just tackled Sango.

"Sango's it." A hot breath tickled down the back of my neck. The hair on my neck prickled with pleasure as I whirled around to meet InuYasha's golden eyes.

But, they weren't InuYasha's sunset golden eyes.

They were Naraku's endless dark orbs. 

A shock of displeasure and confusion shot down my spine in an instant, making it hard to conceal the shudder of my shoulders.

"Scream one word and I will not hesitate to slit your throat." A metal, cold object was aimed at my throat. I swallowed thickly, barely grazing across the sharp edge. I could feel a small trail of blood trickle down my neck. 

I narrowed my eyes very deadly at Naraku. My breath came out in short, jagged pants as I felt the urge to wipe my sweaty palms against my jeans.

I opened my mouth wide, preparing myself to screech "InuYasha!" as loud as my vocal cords would allow me. Naraku eyes widen slightly in mild surprise before not hesitatingly connecting his hand to the back of neck, tossing me into a world of blacks.

Meh.. Could of been better, could've been worse. Please do enjoy this chapter as you please. Comment if there is a spelling error or two. Thank you for reading! ~AA 

Update: Yay! GUYS! I AM ALMOST 10 CHAPTERS AWAY FROM EDITING! I am so excited and relived this reediting business will be over soon. Thank you so much for putting up with my crap. Much love, ~AA