Ch.43- Not so new girl, he's pissed

*Kagome's POV*

InuYasha angrily stomped over to the nearest table and slammed down a bouquet of fluffy, blue spring flowers. I barely had enough time to glance back at Koga before my whole body went slack in his arms as I entered another flashback. I vaguely felt a tight grip on my upper arms and a harsh motion of being yanked into a hard chest. My brown eyes fluttered shut, entering myself into a void of colors.

The park had a metal fence that enclosed the park. Bushes were decorated with some type of blue flowers, maybe blue spring flowers, that were beginning to bloom with small buds. Enormous and tall oak trees were placed every few feet, leaving scatterings of leaves on nature's soft soil. The grass was mostly green with a handful of brown grass near the fencing areas. The sky was a bright blue in the morning but now held gloomy clouds that still allowed sunshine to beam through. A V-formation of mocking jays had soared across the sky, heading South to their unknown destination. 

A finger was jabbed harshly between my two shoulder blades, I whirled my head around to see Miroku.

"Tag, you're it."

I launched off a swing and started chasing the nearest person in our group.

"Kagome!" Was screamed out as I was laid on my back on top of the hospital bed. Koga untangled his muscled arms from underneath me to lay a single hand on my clammy forehead.

"You." He jabbed a finger in InuYasha's direction while glaring at him over his shoulder. "Out." His diamond blue eyes electrified with annoyance when InuYasha started to protest.

"Excuse me?" InuYasha asked hotly, adding a dangerous chuckle at the end of the question. There was not an ounce of humor laced with his curt laughter. He made a move to go forward, but I tiredly shook my head at him.

"InuYasha, please." I quietly begged him to leave the room. His jaw slackened in surprise. I fought the urge to lower my eyes from his, who were shinning sincere heartache.

"Kagome.." He spoke with honest hurt in every syllable. His tightly morphed face was difficult to look at. My eyes remained lock to his until he stomped away.

"Fine, I'll leave." He snapped, slamming the door behind him.

A shaky sigh escaped my trembling lips as my misty eyes brimmed with salty drops. I nibbled on my knuckles to prevent the tears from spilling over. I let out a small whimper of guilt.

"No, no, no." Koga said in a hushed whisper as he dropped his hand from my forehead to underneath my chin. He curled his fingers to make me look at him.

"You do not get to feel guilty. He's merely a stranger and he just stomped all over you. Just because he has memories, it doesn't mean you'll remember them."

I nodded at his words of encouragement as he wiped a finger under my eyes, making me blink in surprise. I raised my own hand to feel the wetness for myself and sure enough, there was a trail streaking down my face. Sniffling as I peered at Koga through my damp eyelashes, I mumbled an embarrassed "thank you". To which he flashed me his pearly whites in response, making me laugh.

Changing the subject to devoid my uncomfortable attitude, Koga suddenly asked, "So, I'm assuming you had a flashback?"

I nodded, confirming his theory correct. "It's not much, but a simple game of tag in the park."

Koga was carrying items from his duffle bag such as a medium size ball, a thick rubber band, and weight that looked like it could attach to your ankle. He raised his eyebrows in surprise as he placed the tools on the nearby coffee table that had the flowers.

"I didn't know you already recovered some of your older memories."

My face flushed a bright red, turning my ears crimson as well.
"Actually, it seemed kind of recent. Maybe a few weeks ago?"

His lips curved upwards in amusement. "You still play at the park?" Once he saw my guarded look, he immediately dropped the teasing.

"Not that there's anything wrong with it." He quickly added, to which I smiled.

"Perhaps you wouldn't mind sneaking me out to the park?" I shot him a sly smile, though my heart was pounding profusely in my chest. There was something about him that got my heart racing and my blood pumping wildly.

He shot a look back. "How about I make a deal with you..." He suggested as he leaned against the rails on the bed.

"I'm listening." I egged him on, scooting closer with interest. I secretly just wanted to smell his cologne. It was deliciously masculine. Not too strong, just enough to get my senses quivering with joy.

"When you're able to walk on your own, I'll take you to the park."

I frowned at this, leaning away to prop my folded arms on the table. "Wouldn't I be out of the hospital then?"

"Yep."

"But, then what's the point if you're jus- oh... Ohhh, I see."

"Do you?" Koga raised a thick eyebrow playfully. I whacked him in the arm, making him rub the sore spot.

"Hey!" He whined, pouting his lips out. I nibbled on my own to stop myself from smiling, but ended up failing miserably.

"How do you suppose to take me out on a date if we haven't exchanged any contact information?" I grinned cheekily, expecting to stump him.

Once again, he cocked an eyebrow in amusement. He wordlessly walked over to the filing cabinet to the left side of me and yanked the top drawer open, revealing a phone. I presumed it was mine, considering he unlocked it and continued to go through the contents.

After a couple minutes of nothing but the quiet tapping of his fingers on my screen, Koga finally placed my phone on the coffee table. He looked up with content etched into his manly for features.

"There, happy?"

"Very." I replied, nodding. My dark locks swooped forward from the action, spilling down my thin shoulders and in front of my face. I reached a hand up to brush the hair out of the way, but it collided with a calloused hand. I looked up in surprise to meet the  eyes of Koga.

He was sitting on the edge of the bed with one hand out stretched and his other laying in his lap. He absentmindedly twirled a piece around his index finger, sending waves of tingles to the base of my scalp.

"Koga..?" I quietly questioned, leaning into him for easier access. A small sigh escaped my lips.

"Yes, Kagome?" He answered in such a hushed tone, I wouldn't have heard him if he wasn't right next to me. His eyes were shining with such emotion.

I gulped nervously as I carefully watched his actions. His free hand entwined around the base of my neck. The warmth of his palm made my shoulders relax and my bones sing with bliss.

The door unexpectedly swung wide open. "Hey, Kagome! Koga paged me because you had another flashback and- oh. Was I interrupting things?" Maddie paused her excited outburst. The sudden voice made me leap away from Koga's warmth.

Something in my back felt like it had torn, making me hunch in pain. A disgruntled sound escaped my lips as my face screwed up.

Maddie quickly crossed the room, her duffle bag dropping onto a chair. She frowned as she carefully touched my back. I flinched away from her contact, hissing lowly.

"Kagome!" A masculine voice bellowed into the room, surprising everyone as a tall body came flying through.

"I heard your cry and I just... I got so worried." InuYasha wrapped his hand around mine, that were gripping the bed sheets but now squeezed his hand. I painted heavily and cringed at the pain.

"Keep your hands off her!" Koga unexpectedly growled, a vain popping out of his neck. He lunged at InuYasha, tearing his grasp from mine.

Yoikes! Hey guys, I'm leaving you on a cliff hanger. I hope you enjoy it greatly. ~AA