Ch.13-New girl, welcome back

*Kagomes POV*

"The reason why you're late." The front desk lady stared at me with those unnerving blue eyes. 

"I overslept, ma'am." I spoke with slight annoyance through gritted teeth. She rolled her irritated eyes before typing up a tardy slip. She tore it from the small printing machine that sat on her desk before tossing it carelessly to me. My hand reached it before it drifted to the floor.

"We are currently on lunch break." She said while examining her long nails. 

"Thank you." I muttered before slamming the door angrily open. I hurriedly made my way to the lunch room.

'It looks like lunch just started. That's good.' I grabbed a foam tray loaded with fruit before waiting in line to pay for it. I paid the lunch lady $1.50 before casually strolling to my normal table with Sango, Miroku, and InuYasha, and plopped down next to InuYasha. He stopped talking before staring at me with wide eyes.

"Kagome!" Sango exclaimed, gasping at my sudden appearance. Her eyes mirrored InuYasha's; wide and mildly confused.

"Oi, wench." InuYasha said, trying to talk and swallow at the same time, only to choke on his surprise. He cocked his head to the side as I sat down besides him. Clear emotion of puzzlement was drawn onto his lovely features. The expression on his face made me smile at him. 

"How are you feeling?" Miroku questioned my well being, for once setting his pervertness aside. I mentally applauded his people skills improving. 

"Remarkably well for someone who was poisoned." I responded dryly before biting into a green, juicy apple with my eyebrows raised. My brown orbs trailed from their faces, soaking in what they were expressing. 

"Poisoned?!" Sango screamed, earning a few stares. Her ears turned crimson red and her eyes looked murderous. The hand that was holding the fork, promptly dropped it to turn into a tight fist. 

"Shhh. I don't want anyone to hear." I spoke lowly, placing the apple down on my tray and finishing the food in my mouth before proceeding to speak again. I coaxed everyone closer with a single finger to me. Everyone leaned in slightly, kinda forming a circle. 

"You all know Naraku, right?" Everyone nodded, edging for me to go on with eager eyes shining. "Well, he thought I was a pretty object to have. He wanted to take me for his own, but he knew he had to get my fighting strength down. So he did something so simple... He poisoned me, tossing my body into a completely new world of sickness. He came over to my house to take me, but InuYasha-"

"I kicked his ass." InuYasha stated proudly with a smirk tugging on his red lips. I rolled my eyes at his bluntness while shaking my head.

"What were you doing at Kagome's house?" Miroku wiggled his eyebrows suggestively at InuYasha before Sango punched him in the arm, to which seemed really harsh from the sound of it. He turned slightly to Sango, pouting as he rubbed his arm.

"How would you know it was at my house?" I said suspiciously while crossing my arms and leaning backwards from the table.

"It was just an assum-" His voice was cut off by my loud shriek.

I felt the wind rush past me and enveloped my body coldly. My back hit the compacted floor, causing the breath to be sucked out of my lungs temporarily. My legs dangled over the seat as I laid on my back. The heat rushed to my cheeks as embarrassment flooded throughout my whole body. I looked up nervously at everyone.

And, what does everyone, and I mean everyone in the whole cafeteria, do? 

Laugh until their faces are beat red, almost mirroring mine.