Ch.18- New girl, you're awake

*Kagome's POV*

My eyes reluctantly snapped open before I could fall into a deeper slumber. I could feel soft pillows and blankets surrounding me as my sides rubbed against them. A masculine smell filled my nose. I blinked the thick sleepiness away. "InuYasha, I'm-" Arms were thrown around me and pulled me close into a hard, but comforting chest.

"Don't ever leave me again." His voice was slick as honey and I didn't realize how much I had missed it. I felt his head gently lay on top of mine and his silky hair tickled my face.

"I promise I won't." I whispered as I wrapped my arms around his torso. I buried my head in his chest to try stopping my watery eyes from spilling over. "I missed everyone. I missed you." 

"We missed you, too." He reassured me and pulled away. I hastily swiped my palm across my cheek. "What were you doing by yourself?"

"I don't know.." I said honestly. "I just woke up and no one was around so I came here." My lips suddenly turned downwards into a deep frown as I analyzed over his features. His cheekbones were more prominent against his more paler complexion. 

"Hey. Look at me." He lifted my chin up with his finger. "I'm fine. As long as you're fine, I'm fine "

Butterflies roamed freely in my stomach and warmth spread throughout my body. "Please, just gain the weight back." Before he had a chance to utter a single word, I blurted out, "What's the date?"

He lifted his head on the ceiling as if the answer was there. His eyebrows scrunched together as his golden orbs roamed the ceiling. His head snapped down as his eyes lit up. "November 23rd. Why?"

"We have school tomorrow, right?" I propped myself on my elbows.

"Yes." He spoke slowly before quickly added, "Don't even think about going tomorrow. You were out cold for a week. You haven't gained your strength back."

I nibbled on my bottom lip as I mulled my thoughts over. "Maybe..But I need to get my schoolwork so I can catch up." I glanced out the window as headlights flooded the room. "Oh, my mom is home!" I quickly pushed myself off the bed before InuYasha could protest. "Thanks, InuYasha!" I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. 

"Uh..Uh." He stammered, slowly wrapping his warm eye around me. "Sure! No problem!" He hugged me back before pulling away reluctantly. 

We stood at the door. My hand was on the door knob, about to twist it, but InuYasha's voice made me pause my movements.

"How did you do it? How did you wake up with Kikyo's help?"

I closed my eyes briefly before they fluttered open again. "I used my own technique. It wasn't easy. It was actually quite painful. It drained my energy considerably and that's probably why I'm so weak." I shook my head as I twisted the cold knob in my hand. "I could already feel my strength returning." I waved to InuYasha before being swooped up by my mom.

"Kagome! What are you doing out here? When do you wake up?" Her voice started cracking at the end of the sentence as her eyes watered more.

"Mom.." My own eyes started to water while I fought the urge to wrench myself from her. I lead her inside and closed the door behind us quietly. Anger bubbled in my veins. "Why did you leave me here all alone?"

She flinched away from the anger coated in my voice. "Kagome, I.. I.."

"You what?" I demanded while crossing my arms. I leaned heavily against the counter as I begun to grow tired.

"I didn't think you would wake up. I swear this was the only time I left you alone."

Sighing in defeat, I rubbed at my eyes tiredly. "Okay, mom. I'm going back to school tomorrow."