Ch.8-New girl, I'm your hero

*Kagome's POV*

I craned my neck skywards to see InuYasha. Relief flooded through me, even if I wasn't in the best situation. 

The man above me chuckled in amusement. He pulled me closer to his warm body, pressing me into his built chest. I squirmed in discomfort.

"Oh, my. Would you look at this?" The man smirked upwards in amusement at my savior. "Your beloved lover is here to save the day, princess."

My teeth just barely grazed his skin before he let go hastily. I growled in anger as he finally released my mouth. "Don't call me princess, you disgusting pig."

His head snapped downwards, glowering at my face with traces of anger outlining his pale features. "I wouldn't call me that." 

"Yeah? What're you going to do about it, you disgusting pig?" InuYasha haunted bravely with words, looking ready to spring at him at any given moment if he dared to make a move.

The man unexpectedly hauled both of us up and pulled out something that glistened in the sun. He pressed the sharp knife to my neck. "Make one move and I won't hesitate to kill her. " InuYasha scoffed, crossing his arms. I let out a strangled cry when he pressed it harder, drawing a line of red blood. Terror swarmed my pleading eyes, staring helplessly at InuYasha's casual demeanor. 

"Lay a hand on her, and you're dead meat." InuYasha promised deadly. In a blink of an eye, InuYasha shoved the kidnapper to the ground not-too-gently. I scampered to my feet quickly and suppressed the sob that rose in the back of my throat with my hand pressed firmly against my quivering lips. I chewed on my bottom lip to keep my tears at bay. A metallic taste filled my mouth, but I paid no attention. My eyes were locked on the two guys fighting.

InuYasha held the guy up by his collar. "Don't you dare touch her ever again." InuYasha growled harshly and showed his sharp fangs. The guy's eyes widen, fear clouding them as he gawked at the pointy objects in his mouth. InuYasha released the man with a disgusted look. The man quickly got back on his feet and dashed away, never glancing back. InuYasha waited for the man to completely disappear from our sight before turning away.

"Are you alright? Did that bastard do anything to you?" InuYasha approached me slowly.

I shook my head, not trusting my voice. I looked up at him with watery eyes. I sniffed as his facial features softened, gradually coming closer. Once he was arm length, I wrapped my arms around his built torso. I needed some comfort right now and all I had was InuYasha. His body stiffened all over, but quickly wrapped his arms around my shaking frame.

"Kagome." He murmured into my black hair. "Everything is alright now. I'm here. You're safe now."

I took a few deep breaths to calm down. The events kept replaying over and over inside my head. No matter how hard I tried to squeeze my eyes to burn the scene.

'You're alive. You're fine. Everything is alright. InuYasha is here. It's okay.' I sighed as I took a step back to wipe my eyes. I let out an awkward laugh, not knowing what to do. "C-can you drive me home?"

"Yeah."

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

"Thanks, InuYasha." A hand seized my wrist before I could hop out of InuYasha's silver truck. I looked back at his golden eyes with confusion.

"Be safe." He whispered while gently releasing my wrist. I gave a curt nod before stumbling to my door. I pushed the door open and quickly closed it. My short fingernails trailed across the skin that was still burning where he had touch it. I sighed as I desperately tried to shift my feelings.
"Kagome?" I froze in my tracks as I was climbing up the stairs. I turned around to face my mom.
"Yes, mama?"
"He's out of our lives. He's locked behind bars." She whispered happily. Tears brimmed the edge of her eyes. I held her shaking hands with mine.
"Oh, mama! Thank you!" I tackled her with a bear hug. We stood there for a moment, just hugging, teary eyed.
"No, Kagome." She sniffled quietly into my ear. "Thank you."

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

When I stepped out of the hot shower, I was still crying happily. It was just such a weight lifted off my shoulders, it was almost unbelievable. My father had been abusing us for as long as I could remember. I inwardly cringed while tears still rolled off my face and onto the floor. I was going to have a head banging headache tomorrow. But, it was worth it.
I sighed with bliss when I changed into my silky pajamas. I slid my glass doors wide open to get a breather. I closed them quietly behind me before walking to the edge of the balcony. My hands hung off the edge as I gazed across the beautiful scenery. A golden sunset illuminati the sky. My eyes watered as I sniffed and patted my wet hair. Not too long after, I sneezed.
"Oi, wench! Don't catch a cold " I nearly jumped out of my skin as InuYasha called from the tree. My poor heart was racing again.
"Oi, jerk! You better watch it before you fall out of the tree." I growled hatefully as he hopped down next to me. The sunset illuminated InuYasha's feature into a beautiful golden, like his eyes. I was snapped out of my trance when InuYasha whirled me around a started to lightly push me to my door.
"InuYasha! I'm fine! Come on, stop it!" I started to protest, but InuYasha quickly shut me up by firmly saying, "Don't make me carry you to your room." I sighed as he opened the door and quickly shooed me in. I glared at him through the glass doors as I yanked them shut. With a little more force than necessary, I pulled the blinds down.
"Very mature, Kagome." I heard InuYasha chuckle. I scoffed.
"Whatever." I muttered before flopping onto my bed. I clicked off my lights before falling into a deep slumber.

Update: I mainly updated the beginning of this chapter. Just a few errors here and there and some mitch matched words. I attempted to reword a few things, but I don't know if it actually helped or not. :( Oh well! Thank you for reading! ~AA