Ch.44- Not so new girl, please don't

*Kagome's POV*

InuYasha was the one to deliver the first punch. He was straddling Koga, basically sitting on his waist to pin him down. Koga's head snapped to the right with InuYasha's fist connecting to his jaw. Droplets of blood rained on the floor, much to my alarm. A clattering sound echoed throughout the room before being drowned out to heavy pants and wrinkling of clothes.

"Guys! Break it up!" Maddie dropped her clipboard on the night stand, rushing over to the wrestling match on the floor.

Rolling as they fought for dominance, they managed to hit a leg of the table. All of the contents slid off and fell into Maddie's path. She let out a grumbling noise before rushing over to me. Her hand reached above my head to slam on a red button.

A loud beeping sound pierced my ears, making me jump in surprise. I instantly covered my ears with my hands. Loud sounds were very frightening to my sensitive ears.

Koga managed to gain dominance by gripping InuYasha by the shoulders and slamming him down into the floor. He placed his knees into his chest, successfully pinning him to the floor.

Two security guards in black and white uniforms burst through the single door of my hospital room. The more taller and leaner one tore Koga off of InuYasha. The other one quickly yanked InuYasha to his feet and out the door, Mr. Tall and Lean followed suit.

"Kagome, are you alright?" Maddie questioned me as I leaned back into the pillows. 

"Yeah.." I let out a long sigh, closing my chocolate eyes. 

"Are you sure?" She asked while she moved from the door to my bed. 

I nodded meekly and opened my eyes to a clear view of my hospital room. I fiddled with the plastic hospital band around my tiny wrist while I continued talking. 

"What is his deal? Why is InuYasha so obsessed with me?"

"He was your boyfriend, Kagome. He loved you."

She exhaled slowly through her nose before chuckling humorlessly. "Heck, he still does love you." 

"But I don't know who he is!" I screamed in exasperation. "I don't even know who I am!" 

"Hun," She said in a gentle tone and leaned forward, grasping my shaking hand tightly, "that's okay."

My sniffles filled the quiet room. My water glazed eyes looked up to her dry ones. 

"It's okay to not know who you are. Think of it like a fresh start. A new beginning." Maddie spoke every word with inspiration and encouragement. 

I nodded again just as my phone buzzed. I glanced over at the iPhone with misty eyes. 

(1) Mommy Dearest 

I unlocked my apple product with my thumb and a lengthy text message was displayed under her name. 

'Hey, sweetie.' The first line read.

'I know the past week has been very hard on you; the medical bills are piling up and I've been working 15 hour shifts every day. I'm sorry I don't have enough time to visit you in the hospital, but I hope all is going well. Hope to see you soon, xoxo Mom.'

I locked my phone and placed it back on the table. Apparently Maddie had left the room because she was nowhere to be seen. It was also duly noted inside my head that the table was picked up and the blood was cleaned off the floor. Just as I was about to roll over, someone knocked on the door.

"Come in?" I meant to say it as a statement, yet it came out more of a question. To my utter surprise, a policeman in a blue uniform opened the door with some papers in his hand.