Ch.3-New Girl, you're my neighbor

*Kagome's POV*

I turned around slowly to see Miroku and InuYasha. I groaned and leaned against the door. "You have got to be kidding me!" I threw my hands up with frustration.

"You're my neighbor?" InuYasha said, clearly amused. I heard Miroku mutter a quiet, "Oh my.."

"Duh!" I exclaimed, clearly annoyed. I pouted at the idea of having that jerk as my neighbor. I swung the front door open and closed it quickly behind me. I dropped my bag on a chair in the kitchen. I plucked a note off the fridge.

'Hey honey, sorry we couldn't be home for dinner tonight. Work keeps calling us in. There's food in the microwave. We love you.'

It was scribbled neatly in my mom's handwriting. I sighed wearily. I heated up the food in the microwave before digging in.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

I threw my bag onto my bed. I plopped down besides it and pulled out my homework. I reluctantly tackled my homework. Slowly, the amount of work went down. By the time I was done, it was 8 p.m. I took a quick shower and changed into my pajamas. I stepped outside onto the balcony. I stared up at the night sky, watching the stars twinkle.

"So you like the view?"

I screamed and looked around frantically. My hand flung up to grab my chest as my heart sped up wildly and throbbed against my ribcage.  

"Up here, stupid."

My head snapped upwards, searching the tree. My fearful brown eyes bored into amused golden eyes.  "T-that was not funny, InuYasha!" I huffed, out of breath as he chuckled. I rolled my eyes as I leaned over the balcony.

"You- you-you should've seen your face!" He said in between breaths of laughter. For some reason, it spread a warm feeling across my chest hearing his musical laughter. I very quickly stopped the feeling and forced myself to not feel anything but annoyance.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes.  "Just wait until I get you back!" 

"I'll like to see you try." He commented.

I ignored his comment as I craned my neck to roam the night sky. I heard InuYasha jumped out of the tree and onto my balcony. I yawned tiredly behind the back of my hand. "Wait. Why were you in the tree?" I turned my body towards InuYasha.

He scratched the back of his neck as he leaned against the white railing. "I can see the view better."

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh? You mean the view of my window?" I gestured to my huge window right behind me.

"No! Why would I even-?"

I busted out laughing. "See you tomorrow, InuYasha." I walked to my sliding window doors.

"See ya." I heard the sound of a closing door. I flopped onto my bed, welcoming the darkness. I drifted to sleep quickly.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

"Kagome!" I was tackled in a bear hug. I laughed softly into Sango's brown hair.  It smelled like a mixture between vanilla and cherries. "How have you been?" She asked while releasing me.

"I saw you yesterday." She shrugged at my comment.

"So, anything new?"

I was about to deny when I snapped my fingers. "Actually, yes. InuYasha is my next door neighbor."

Her eyes widen with excitement. "You mean the school's bad boy is your neighbor? 

I rolled my eyes. "That's what I said, isn't it? and, why are you so happy about this? This is bad!"

"Oh my gosh, Kagome!" She gushed. "Tell me everything."

The bell rang just in time. We began walking to first period together as I filled her in on everything. I took my seat besides Sango. I pulled out a piece of paper out of habit and begun to draw. At first I didn't know what I was going to draw but I let my mind wonder.

"You're a fabulous drawer " Sango commented. I smiled. The piece of blank paper was now covered with a beautiful pattern of swirls. I examined my piece of art before adding one more swirl. 

I held my artwork in front of Sango and gave her a cheeky grin. "How do you like it?"

"Honestly?" She said blankly. "I don't like it." My face started to fall before she exclaimed, "I love it!" She grabbed the piece of paper and analyzed it carefully with a smile. My face brightened up as I fought the urge to punch her in the arm.

Ten minutes left of class, the teacher shows up. He quickly apologized. "You're homework for tonight is a handout." He began passing out a worksheet that contained 25 word problems. I glared at the worksheet as I quickly did the problems so I didn't have any homework. I turned to Sango to ask her a question but the annoying bell rang. I sighed as I gather up my supplies. "Bye Sango!" I called over my shoulder as I rushed out.

I crashed into someone way taller than me. I fell on my butt. "Ouch!"

"Oi, Wench! Watch where you're going!"

Update: Meh, I didn't really do much updating on this chapter. Mostly grammar and spelling errors. But I edited it nevertheless! I had fun reviewing this chapter. I was able to refresh my memory! Anyways, thank you for reading!