Ch.39-Not so new girl, who are you?

*Kagome's POV*

'It reeks in here..' I couldn't help but to complain inside my head as the unsettling smell of overly cleanliness drowned my nose. My coffee brown eyes weren't even ajared to signal that there was an effulgent light against the back of my sealed eyelids. I groaned heartily as I rolled onto my left side. The gelid air encased my arm as the thin blanket slipped off my torso. The inside of my eyelids began to be replaced with the shining light. I winced sharply, raising an arm to block it, but quickly stopped as I felt something tug onto my arm. My eyes glanced down in confusion to see an IV connected.

"How are you feeling, miss?" A feminine voice questioned to my right. I fixed my gaze onto a female nurse that was clothed in white.

"Um.." I responded awkwardly as I tried to understand what I was feeling. I fiddled with the bedsheets, an old habit of fidgeting when I became uncertain. "Good. I have some pain in my head, though."

"That's an understatement." The nurse laughed quietly as she came closer to examine me. 

"I'm sorry?" I cocked my head slightly to the right as confusion bubbled in my brain. She shifted the pillows behind to make it more comfortable.

"You did fall from a balcony." She glanzed at me before jabbing her thumb towards the top of her head. "The bandages?" 

I raised a single hand and felt a cloth material underneath my fingertips. I rubbed around my head to feel it wrapped securely around my head multiple times. Something tickled my finger and that's when I noticed my oily hair that draped limply over my shoulders.

"Oh." I said lamely, dropping the hand down to my side. "I fell? When? How?"

The nurse dropped her hand to her mouth to nibble on her already short fingernails, making me nervous. "Do you remember anything of the accident?" She scrunched her eyebrows with worry. 

"Umm.." I spoke, dragging the last syllable out as I attempted to recover my memories.  My mind drew a blank. "No." 

"That's okay!" The nurse said breathlessly in a rush, trying to mask the worry etched on her edgey features. 

"Oh, um-"

"What's your name?" She quickly pushed the words out of her mouth before I could respond properly.

"My name?" Just as I had uttered these words, a flashback hit me.

There suddenly were about a dozen of people surrounding me and lifting me onto a surface to what I assumed was a gurney. I glanced around wearily as confusion bubbled thickly over my foggy mind. I could see multiple cop cars flashing their bright lights as the police flooded out of the cars. I attempted to fight against their hold, but it hurt too much and I was so weak in their hold.

"Ma'am, can you tell me your name?" A feminine medic asked me as I was being rolled away from the scene. "Who are you?"

"My name?" I questioned as I was rolled into an ambulance. The doors had barely slammed shut before we were speeding off to the nearest hospital. My eyebrows furrowed together as I struggled to understand the meaning of the question.

"Yes, you're name." The same medic repeated my words, but without the questioning tone. A male medic came over and shined light into my pupils, causing me to fight the urge of rapidly blinking.

"Joenel, she has a very mild concussion. There's a good chance that she's bleeding-"

"I think my nameghuh-"

Oddly, I calmly watched everything get dark like I was driving through a tunnel and my hearing eventually faded out to nothing as my eyes slid close against the blackness.