Ch.14-New girl, What's going on?

*Kagome's POV*

"-dome that surrounded us."

"Could the dome have devour her energy, leaving her exhausted?"

"Maybe.."

Bright light was glowing behind my sealed eyelids. Sleepiness was trying to firmly wrap its arms around me, but I fought against its warm blanket of love. I slowly raised from the bed without my eyes opening . A chorus of gasps had reached my ears.

'I probably should of opened my eyes first. ' I thought as  I opened my eyes to be blinded by light and groaned heartily at the light. My eyes blinked rapidly, trying to make the colorful blobs come into focus.

"Miroku? Sango? InuYasha?" I spoke rapidly while looking at them individually. My eyebrows scrunched up as I cocked my head to the side. My hands fisted the soft blanket that was laying over me.

The door creaked opened, earning my immediate attention. 

"How are you feeling, honey?" My mom popped in my view with a tray full of food. 

"Tired." I admitted while kicking the sheets off. 

"The dome thingy. Explain, wench." InuYasha commanded impatiently. His arms crossed against his chest while a confused look was drawn on his features.

I waved my mom's gasp off. "It's normal, mom." I returned my attention back to InuYasha. "The roof was collapsing and I threw my hands above my head, trying to do something. When I opened my eyes, the dome was surrounding us. I could feel my energy being soaked up quickly. I felt so tired."

My mom set the tray down on the nightstand. "Kagura.." She mumbled with a hand gripping my night stand.

"What would Aunt Kagura have to do with this?" I said, confused. 

"Kaede? You mean my-" InuYasha's question was silenced by my mom's impatient nod.

"That old hag said that she had given you powers when you were just a baby." My mom was extremely displeased yet impressed. "Now I understand what she had meant."

"What kind of powers?" I questioned her understanding of this mess.

My mom adverted her eyes. "You're going to be one of the strongest Miko's alive."

Stunned silence washed over us. Everyone's eyes darted back and forth between everyone.

"M-me?" I spoke while pointing to myself. "That's impossible! I'm just an ordinary Miko!" 

"Ms. Higurashi, you said 'one of the strongest Miko's alive'. Do you mean there are more just as powerful as Kagome?" Miroku butted in, using his smart senses.

My mom's eyes widen, as she seemed a little surprise that he could catch on so quickly to her hint. "Yes, I believe so."

"Is one of them named Kikyo?" InuYasha asked, finally uncrossing his arms. I looked at him in surprise. I didn't even begin to think that one of the strongest Miko's could be located and found in our school.

My mom gripped my night stand harder, turning her knuckles paper white. The color of her face washed away with a face of horror. Her left hand grasped her shirt tightly, lightly shaking.

My mom looked horrified. "Mom? What's wron-"

"H-how would you know about her?"

"She goes to our school." Sango piped in with basic information. 

My mom cursed under her breath, greatly surprising me. "Kagome, I need to tell you something. Alone." She eyed my friends, signaling them to leave the room.

I shook my head, signalling them to stay. "No, mom. If you have to tell me something, you can tell my friends. I'm going to tell them anyways." I met my mom's hard stare, staring equally with stubbornness. She sighed, giving in.

"Kikyo.. She.." She seemed to have a hard time with her words. Everyone in the room leaned forward in anticipation. I laced my fingers together on my lap.

"Spit it out, ma." I encouraged her.

"Kikyo is your twin sister." My jaw slackened. I fought the urge to yell, "Excuse me?!".

"That explains why Kikyo looks so close to Kagome.." Sango said dully, breaking the icy silence. Miroku nodded in agreement.  

My head was too clogged with unanswered questions. I shook my head, trying to clear the thoughts. "Mom.. Please explain more." 

She shook her head furiously. "I have said too much already. The effects will start tak-" I cut her voice off with an unexpected yelping that escaped my throat.

A pain had exploded in my stomach and was spreading quickly throughout my whole body, sending endless amounts of needle pricks. "Mom.." I wheezed, slowly laying back down into my soft pillows. "M-my stomach.."

She watched me through regretful, watery eyes. "I know. I'll give you some medicine." She disappeared the room.

I gasped in pain and clutched my stomach, barely able to keep my eyes open. My friends moved forward to confront me, but they seem to run into a invisible wall. They pounded harshly at the wall with strong punches. Every blow seemed to hurt my body even more, sending the needle pricks into a stabbing pain.

"Stop! You're hurting me!" I screamed out in agony as they all paused their blows mid-hit. They looked at me with worried eyes before settling down in their chairs. My mom hurried back into the room with a glass full of blue liquid. 

"What's happening to me?" I asked quietly. We watched with surprise as my mom passed through the wall without a problem. She handed me the transparent glass wordlessly. I sniffed it cautiously and it smelled a strong scent of mint. I gulped it down, burning my throat. It tasted far worse from what it smelled like. The pain started to subside, but it was still there as an annoying pain.

"What was that? It's making me drowsy." I slurred as I sank further into the pillows. My mom took the glass carefully from my slipping grasp. She turned on her heel and walked out. I could hear her mumbling a few words and it sounded like she was talking to someone under water. 

I closed my eyes and waited for the tiredness to go away. 

Update: I've noticed that when I start editing my chapters, they really short and choppy. Hopefully you guys can spot a difference when I change them. And, the chapters are really short for some reason. Well, I'm onto my next chapter! ~AA