Ch.16- Please note that this is also in InuYasha's POV!

*InuYasha's POV*

I did the same thing. Everyday. 

Wake up, get dressed, go to school. Come home, do homework, eat dinner, go to sleep.

I could barely concentrate in my classes, let alone understand the lesson. I found myself caring less and less each day about my grades slipping.

I tried to lift the spirits up of our little group, but it always went back to nothing. I knew my words just rolled off my tongue and I didn't mean them. And, I think they knew that.

Miroku had squeezed my shoulder and said, "We miss her too." 

I shrugged him off. "Keh," I responded, "I don't miss that wench." But, I knew my eyes gave me away. My eyes were as clear as a window.

I was always so tired from staying up late and thinking about Kagome. Wondering,'When will she wake up? Will she even wake up?'  I didn't realize I would be in so much pain. So I questioned myself.

'Are you falling for that wench?

I tried to shake that feeling off and focus on my studies. The feeling of being lost without my girl around to cheer us up. She always knew what to do when-

Wait- my girl?  Since when did she become my girl? 

Since you started to fall in love with her. 

"InuYasha." Someone called out to me.

I tore myself from my thoughts.  "Yeah?"

"The bell rang." Miroku said. Sango just offered me a sad smile. "Let's go to lunch."

"Yep. Lunch." I tried sounding happy, but my thoughts wandered back to Kagome. How she hasn't been able to sit with us. 

"You know," I said while nibbling on my green apple. 'Kagome likes green apples.' I shook my head to get that thought out. "It's been a week since Kagome hasn't been with us at lunch." 

Sango nodded once. "We know. It's- it's not the same without her." This was the first time we were talking about Kagome since she fell asleep. 

Miroku poked around at his food. "We need a way to figure out on how to get her back." 

I pushed my food away in frustration. "How?" I said, exasperated. 

He met my eye and said it simply. 

"Have faith in her. Kagome is a strong woman. She'll be be able to get her out of this mess. Just- have faith in her and everything will be alright." 

Anger bubbled inside of me.  When will she wake up?  We've been waiting long enough. Doesn't she know that?"

Sango's eyes looked at me softly. "She'll wake up once she figures a way. Our faith will give her strength.  She knows we're waiting. It's only a matter of time. Be patient."

No words would come out of mouth as I was lost in the world of thoughts.

'We're waiting for you, Kagome. Don't worry.'

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~ 

My head hit the pillow as I tried to let the darkness consume me. I tossed and turn before I was able to get comfortable. I allowed my heavy eyelids to slide shut. 

"InuYasha."

Who was that? She sounds so familiar. 

"Who are you?" My voice bounced off the darkness that surrounded me. 

A giggle. "InuYasha. It's me!"

"Who?!" Outraged, I lashed out blindly. Light flashed in my eyes before I saw a girl. 

"K-Kagome?"

"Yeah, it's me." She smiled as I took a step forward. 

"We miss you," I quickly added, "wench."

She sighed and looked longingly in the distance. "I know."

"Come back to us." 

"I'm trying." 

"InuYasha?" A voice called that wasn't Kagome. I turned around. 

"Miroku? What are you-"

"Kagome!" Another familiar voice ran past me and tackled Kagome. 

'Sango..'

"Wait a moment! So Miroku and Sango are here? With Kagome? And me?" I said, trying piece everything together. 

Kagome gently peeled herself away from Sango. Sango eyes were barely containing the tears that threatened to splash over. "I called all of you here because I saw how distressed you all were and it made me really unhappy."

"You can see us even though you're asleep?" Miroku asked. Kagome nodded in response. 

"I just.. I need everyone to hold on just a little bit longer. And I'll try my best. I miss you all.." Her body seemed to shimmer like a picture disappearing. 

"Kagome!"  We exclaimed as she started to disappear. 

"Please don't leave us." Sango wailed, reaching out a hand to wrap around her dissipating body.

"I'm not leaving." She reassured us, waving with a smile. "I'll be right back. I promise." 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

I woke up with a start.

'Kagome..' Her words ranged through my head as I started to get dressed. 

I pecked Kaede on the cheek.

"Now, hurry along to school, child. "  

As soon as I stepped on to campus, Sango and Miroku swarmed me.

"Did you..?" Miroku trailed off, not knowing how to start.

"Did you have a dream about Kagome? " Sango asked. 

I shook my head. "I don't think that was a dream.."

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Today was a lot better than any of the other days of the week. We all joked a little more. Smiled a bit more. Laughed longer. Paid attention better. We were overall, more happy. 

Hey everyone! Hoped you enjoyed this chapter. I hope you don't mind too much about InuYasha's POV. I wanted you to get a peek on what he's been thinking since this has happened. I'm really liking the way this story is rolling and I hope everyone else is too. Thank you all for the support this is getting. Until next time! ~AA

Update: Yay! Another chapter down! I can't wait until I have everything all caught up. Thankfully, summer is here so I can do a little bit more of my free time editing this. Next chapter! ~AA