Ch.10-New girl, are you getting sick?

*Kagome's POV* 

I laid my heavy, achy head on the table as I waited for the others to arrive. I had gotten very little sleep last night due to a runny nose. I groaned softly as more people started talking louder when they saw their friends. I closed my eyes for a brief moment before someone broke my peaceful moment.

"Kagome? Are you alright?" Sango's gentle voice rang in my ears.

I pried my eyes opened reluctantly to look at a worried Sango. I would of laugh by the way she hovered over me like a mother hen. 

"Yeah." I mumbled before sitting up straight. I rubbed my eyes gently and opened them to see InuYasha slide in next to me as Miroku sat closely to Sango. She gave him a warning glare and scooted further away from him. I laughed weakly, but I soon erupted into a fit of coughs. I heard InuYasha's clothes rustle softly before I felt a hand rub my book soothingly. I blinked my eyes tiredly as I fought the urge to lay my head on his shoulder. 

"Are you alright, Kagome?" Miroku asked.

I waved my hand in dismissal. "Perfectly fine. Just tired." InuYasha glanced at me wearily like he didn't believe anything I had just said.

"Maybe you should go home." Sango suggested. 

"No!" I said much louder than expected. "No.." I repeated, quietly. "I can't; I have things to do at school."

"Yeah? Like what?" InuYasha said mockingly.

I scoffed, folding my weak arms against my chest. "Like schoolwork.. And stuff."

"We could always take notes for you and InuYasha could bring you the work home." Miroku butted in, supporting InuYasha's side.

"But.. But.." I started to deflate. "No. I won't take off of school just because of a stupid cold." Everyone looked like they wanted to protest, but the bell cut them off sharply. I stood up and walked away quickly before they could protest. It was so tempting to go back home into my fluffy,warm bed.

I plopped down into my seat and look at Sango in pure misery. 

"You look like you want to go home." She commented dryly as she took her supplies out.

I sighed through my mouth, seeing as my nose was clogged up. I slowly brought out paper and a pencil. "You have no idea." I mumbled. 

"Good morning class!" Everyone head snapped in the teacher's direction before whispers flew.

"He's actually on time?"

"No way!"

"That's the first.." I heard Sango mutter.

"Now, now, class. Did you think so lowly of me " The teacher touch his chest with fingers in mock hurt. "Of course I'm on time! When am I ever not?"

Silence filled the room for a few moments before he quickly added, "Actually, don't answer that." Low laughter filled the room. 

I stifled my giggle as I sniffled. I raised my hand and waited patiently for the teacher to notice.

"Ah, yes, Kagome?"

"Do you have any tissues?" I asked before coughing a few times to clear my throat.

"I'm afraid not. There should be paper towel in the ladies room." I nodded and swiftly walked out of the classroom in search for paper towel. I sighed in relief once I spotted paper towel in one of the stalls. Firstly, I blew my nose before I ripped off only so many sheets and shoved them into my pockets. I walked slowly back into the classroom. I plopped down again before sneezing.