Ch.31- New girl, where are you?

*Kagome's POV*

As I took a sharp turn around the corner, my breaths came out raspy while I clutched my bleeding stomach in a weak attempt to pause the pain. My bare feet padded softly against the cold pavement, leaving a quiet echoing sound trailing behind me. I could hear Naraku's cries of anger slowly fading behind me. 

I came to an abrupt stop in front of a wooden door that seemed like the exit of this absolute hell hole. Uncertainty bubbled in the back of mind, forcing me to debate if this was actually an exit. Deciding that I had spent enough time within this dungeon, I twisted the latch skywards and shoved the door open. Unbelievably bright light blinded my eyes by shining directly into them, making my pupils dilate considerably. 

My left arm immediately flung towards my watering eyes to shield them. With being underground with dimmed lighting for a few days, the sun scalded my eyes. When I squinted firm enough and become more accustomed to the sun shining rays, I lowered my arm gradually. I didn't hesitate to spin on my heel and seal the door shut with the key. The key was slipped silently back into my pocket. I started to walk away after I heard the satisfying sound of the door clicking, signaling that the door was officially locked. 

My uncovered feet followed a smooth pavement that lead me kindly off Naraku's property. The wind raised lightly, tossing my tangled locks of chocolate hair in my face. A short sigh escaped past my dry lips in annoyance as I carelessly shoved the hair out of my battered face. Mini bruises danced across my features with minor scraps resting on my chin. 

The smooth pavement broke into two paths, each path mirroring the other in completely opposite directions. Not wanting to waste too much time on decision, I spun once again on my heel and took the left route as my final choice. Naraku may be locked up for now, but he could escape within minutes and capture me again.

I had no clue where to go, let alone where I was. While glancing around at my surroundings, it came to my conclusion that I was just about on the outskirts of town. Tall buildings of successful business surrounded me all around. I searched around for any signs to give me some sort of direction, but none were spotable. 

A soft sigh escaped quietly as the smooth pavement turned into dirt. My somewhat already blistered feet welcomed the soft material happily. I could feel in every step that I took, that my feet were slowly getting more and more torn up.

My feet stumbled along loosely knotted roots as a vigorous wave of dizziness held me in a firm grip. I lost my footing and toppled over onto my right side, squeezing the wind out of me. My body laid completely still while waiting for it to pass. 

In the span of a few minutes of just laying down, I was back to walking along the paved path that lead into a busy town. I wasn't sure why I had gotten unusually dizzy, but I knew I would figure out soon. 

Figure out soon, I did. My stomach released a powerful rumble for food. It seemed like a cup full of burning acid was dumped down my parched throat as realization dawned on me. Another mighty rawr was released from my stomach in protest.

When Naraku had kept me as a captivator, he never gave me an ounce of food or water. I had to cup my hands and drink the disgusting water from the sink that was provided in my cell. It's been days since I've gone without eating. But due to being a recovered anorexic, I didn't realize it until now.

I mentally cursed myself while my legs begun to wobble. WIth the last ounce of energy, I unsteadily  collapsed against a nearby wooden bench. It creaked with the sudden drop of weight. I gratefully leaned my aching back heavily against the old bench and closed my eyes. 

The lack of sleep and food caused my energy to drain so quickly that as soon as my eyes fluttered shut, I fell asleep. I didn't even plan to sleep, just to rest for a few minutes.

By the time my eyes had my eyes had snapped open, a few hours had past. It took a few long moments to realize why I was laying on a bench. I forced a tired groan down as I heft myself up and resumed my walking with a little more energy. The constant dizziness had subsided due to the nap, but was switched to a raging headache between my eyes. 

My exposed feet stumbled across the soft dirt and onto a paved path. I paused a few feet in front of a green street sign before squinting  to read it. 

'Berkly 18st Street' was printed neatly on the metal sign. 

'Berkly is only one street away from my street!'   I happily screamed inside my head. Even though every inch of my body burned and ached with pain, I pushed myself forward as determination flowed freely through my veins. 

The weight in my feet shifted as the sidewalk traveled down a lowering hill. My footsteps gradually got louder as they pounded against the material harder. My hands swayed back and forth gently on each step. 

The sun was shining brightly in the middle of the clear, blue sky. My foggy mind atomically assumed it was sometime around noon. Lazily watching the setting around me, pigeons nipped hungrily at fallen pieces of food by nearby rushed citizens. A hushed growling noise came from the pit of my stomach, aching horribly for food. I licked my chapped lips in a silent beg for food and water.

"Kagome!" A voice shrieked with disbelief a few meters behind me.

The sudden loud action caused me to jump and misplace my foot outside the sidewalk and tumble clumsily into the grass. I groaned heartily in annoyance while clutching my now bleeding stomach.

"Oh my gosh, Kagome!" The feminine voice yelped when my body hit the grass. Light footsteps came jogging in my direction. 

"InuYasha, she's over here!" Another voice, this time masculine, cried out. 

I laid in the damp grass in pain, struggling to get up. The head ache between my eyes grew effortlessly while I was pulled into a sitting position by an unknown person. A gasp was sucked through my teeth as my stomach tingled with a throb. Their gripping hands stayed on my shoulder as I tried to make the pain subside. 

"Kagome! Are you okay?" A blob of grey and red blurred my vision as I tried to pinpoint the familiar voice.

"I-Inu-" I attempted to speak to only gasp with suffrage. My hand clamped my lower stomach as I could feel warm liquid leak through my clothes.

"Oh gosh, she's bleeding." Someone murmured worriedly besides InuYasha.

A painful rush of coughing erupted from my lungs, causing my body to lurch forward. Raspy, wet coughs escaped my mouth. I faintly felt a hand soothing my back as I continued coughing. Within a brief minute of coughing, I could feel something wet spray out of my mouth. Black dots swarmed my vision heavily as I struggled to breath.

"She's- she's-" A voice stammered before I was torn into a world of black.

Heyy! I figured I could update a little more sooner since everyone is being so patient with the updates. I have officially decided that I will be updating monthly, and no longer weekly. I simply cannot balance this story and high school. It's too much. I apologize for doing this but it must be done. Anyways! Thank you all so much for staying with me and reading up until this far! Happy 2016, by the way. ~AA

Update: I'm getting pretty close to finishing this reediting project thing. Thank gosh xD This is taking so much longer than intended to. I'll honestly be amazed if anyone still continued waiting and reading.. Thank you! ~AA