CHAPTER 26 : RIGHT HERE WITH YOU

Enjoy!

And there, in the dim lighted bedroom Emma shares with her wife, she realizes how fucked up is that whole Truest Love magic thing is when your Truest Love has twin. Because it takes a while for newbie like her to distinguish the two women and tell them apart. Even now when she knows it is Reina in front of her she still feels Regina. Her presence is there and the situation is much more fucked up.

Emma gulps audible and looks up in Reina's eyes. The same fucking eyes. Looking at her with love.

"No." It is Reina who breaks the deafening silence in the room. She bits her lower bottom but that only attracts the green eyes on them.

"No?" Emma questions the situation, themselves and the whole world really.

"No."

"Okay."

"Good."

"Yeah."

"You sure?"

"No." Emma shakes her head.

"What..."

"Let's get some sleep." Emma raises her hand to stop Reina from talking. That husky voice does wonders to her lower body.

"Great idea."

"I'm on the couch."

Reina is silent. Is she supposed to sleep in Regina's bed? With Emma on the couch. So close... Her eyes measure the distance. Too short.

"You should be sleeping on the bed. And I will take the guest room."

"No." Emma shakes her head. "What it should be is for Regina to be with me right now. And since she is not, you are. Okay. I won't be able to sleep anyway. Plus we have to go to the well at midnight. So... we are sleeping in the same room."

Reina sighs seeing that she won't win this fight. Wait... Are they fighting?

"I'm gonna go and change in the bathroom. Then you will." Emma spins on her heels and walks into the closet.

She emerges seconds later holding two pair of matching pajamas. Her eyes drift to Reina who is still standing awkwardly in the room.

"Don't be like that, Reina. Try. I mean... I am trying and..." She runs her hand over the top pair. "I... I want you to be here because I'm not used to sleeping alone."

To Reina, Emma looks like a sad puppy and that makes her hearts swell even more.

Later when Reina emerges from the bathroom dressed in Regina's pajamas, Emma is lying on her back... on the bed.

"The couch makes me feel like I'm punished by Regina. And certain images flash before my eyes. Not good." Emma senses Reina's distress about her new position.

"I will take it then." She says, her voice low and walks to the couch.

"Don't." Emma jumps and stands in her way.

"Are you sure?"

"Nope. But I have to do it. I mean... If Regina trusts me enough then I will have to give my best."

"Surely Regina didn't think that we would sleep in the same bed."

"I know. But we will. Because I feel like... I just stopped myself from kissing you. And since I did it once I'll be able to do it again." Emma gets in the bed and pulls the covers over her.

Reina gulps though Emma has right and looks pretty confident.

"Fine." She finally agrees.

With the corner of her eye Reina spots the mirror that is just across the room next to the couch.