CHAPTER 9 : SHE LIKES IT ROUGH

The chapter is from Regina's POV and her thoughts

It is 10:05 AM. Emma is late for the town meeting. We left the house together, but she went to the station to get the papers that were needed for this. The main topic is how to hold the portal to the Enchanted Forest open when the only people that can sustain it are the Blue Fairy and I. And I have sworn to never use magic again. Everyone wants to coax me to use it for their own selfish reasons. What about my redemption path? No one helped me when I was struggling with my magic addiction. No one believed that Icould change, except for Henry and Emma.

Yesterday was very emotional for my wife and I. First, Snow was rudely introduced to Emma's magical member, and upon finding out that it was my magic that created it,she decided to taunt me for my chances of impregnation. She is such twat-swatter for my love life and my desire to have children. As if the first time, when she told my mother about me and Daniel, wasn't enough for her. No, she had to do the same thing with Emma. I'm pretty sure that if my wife hadn't snapped at us, Snow would have continued on underlining how old I am,how unfit for Emma I am. It would have led to a more heated dispute that would probably have ended with someone dying.

Emma bursts into Town Hall with a bang putting an end to my thoughts. The door flies wide open and hits the wall. Emma is holding handcuffs in her left hand and her face is dead serious. Iassume that something has happened.

"Ms. Swan, you are late," I say with a firm voice. The fact that the Sheriff is sleeping with the Mayor... Scratch that. The fact that the Sheriff is trying to get the Mayor pregnant, is not an excuse to be late.

"Madame Mayor,you are under arrest for using magic and thus violating our signed agreement," she replies in the same tone.

"Excuse me?" Iknit my brows.

Ifeel everyone's eyes on me, waiting for my reaction. My eyes stay on her face observingevery inch without success. For the first time in my life, I can't read her.

Igaze at Snow briefly only to see her eyes on her daughter, then at me, then again the blonde. She is completely lost too. This means something is really wrong.

Irecall quite well the signing of the agreement. I have no right to use magic unless it is about upholding the portal back to our land. An exception is also made when Iam asked by the Charmings or Emma.

"You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions. Do you understand?" She starts reading me my rights while she walks slowly to the far end of the table where I'm sitting.

"No, I don't understand. What is the meaning of this?" I'm still in my chair at the head of the table, looking at everyone with my chin held high. Just like when I was mayor before the curse broke.

"I'm reading you the Miranda warning, the long version, which is a standard procedure in arresting. Anything you say or do can and will be used against you in a court of law. Do you understand?"

Igaze at her but can't seem to figure if this is true or if she is playing. She is passing the middle of the table. Her movements are slow.

"Yes, I understand," Ianswer with the same firm tone Emma uses.

The people gasp.

They think Ihave done something awful to deserve this, I guess. Fucking peasants.

"You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during questioning now or in the future. Do you understand?" Emma continues. She has reached the head of the table and is standing next to me gazing down and looking me directly in the eyes.