CHAPTER 25 : MISTAKES

The tension in the living room is strange and different than before. Henry notices when he emerges.

He sits in his usual spot across from his mothers.

"Did you guys fight while I was gone?"

"What makes you think that, Henry?" Reina asks, trying to sound like Regina.

"Well, for one, you're not drinking beer, and you always drink with pizza. Not to mention that your chairs are practically at opposite ends of the table."

Twenty minutes. It took him twenty minutes to figure it out. Reina worries.

"That is not your mother." Emma blurts out, her eyes focused on a particular spot on the wall behind Henry that needs repainting.

The boy looks over to his brunette mother and sees that her spine is not that straight. Her lips are not covered with red lipstick, which had never happened before.

"Aunt Reina?" He wonders out loud.

"Yes, Henry." Reina lowers her head.

"What happened? Where is Mom?" The boy turns to Emma.

"Well..." Email turns to the woman next to her.

"Regina is in her castle in the Enchanted Forest." Reina explains.

"Why?"

"The addition I had actually worked." Emma says, hoping that Henry will get the hint.

"So Mom is pregnant?"

"Yeah... And someone crossed over from the other world."

"We believe that they are after the baby." Reina adds.

"Why?" Henry looks dumbfounded and can utter only one word.

"Because there is something called Truest Love. Your mother and I are it. It is powerful and all..."

"So Mom got pregnant because of that?"

"Yes, Henry." Reina cuts in, after seeing that Emma is away again.

"But why it is dangerous for Mom?"

"Because she is carrying the product of the most powerful magic."

"Truest Love."

"Yes."

"But why it is different from the True Love?"

"It is bond between two souls. It is the ultimate love that comes once in a lifetime."

"And she is afraid that the intruder can hurt the baby." Henry concludes.

"That is why I am here. We have to find out who it is."

"How?" Emma cuts in.

"I will cast a tracking spell on the well." Reina says.

"You can't because Regina is banned from using hers." Emma reminds her.

"And you can't do it because it is not a direct threat to the family." Reina notes.

"Can't you do it late at night?"

"I can."

"Okay. So a little after midnight we will go to the well."

"I'm glad you called me, but did you have to send those dreadful guards of yours?" Maleficent rolls her eyes as she enters Regina's chambers, using her magic to open and close the door.

Regina is lying on the bed with her legs under her body.

Mal has never seen her so relaxed and... ordinary.