CHAPTER 24 : I'M HERE TO KEEP YOU OUT OF TROUBLES

KEEP READING. TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS

"Won't you help your pregnant wife?" Snow nudges Emma.

"Yeah, right."

That is not my wife.

Emma steps forward, helping Reina out of the well. "You okay?" She decides to hide the identity of the woman for now, because it wasn't a coincidence that Tinkerbell just told her that Regina wanted the town safe from the crosser so she can return and boom, Reina comes through the well.

Something smells funny.

"I am. I'm little bit worn out from using magic, but otherwise I'm good."

"Then let's take you home." Emma says and starts walking towards the town, leaving the two women behind.

"Emma."

She hears from behind.

"We don't have time to stay here. We need to get her to safety, okay?" She points to Reina.

"Why are you acting like that?" Snow isn't buying any of Emma's words.

"Probably because she is mad at me for leaving... without her." Reina steps forward. "But she is right, Snow. Let's go home."

Emma's boots thud against the marble floor at the foyer of the mansion when she opens the door and heads to the study.

She hears Reina's high heels clicking and they fucking sound like Regina's.

Fuck.

At least now Emma can recognize their magic. She was able to do so when she felt the magic around the well. That makes her more relaxed than before. But having Reina around, for whatever reason, will keep her on the edge.

She squats and opens the liquor cabinet. Her choice is Jameson. Taking the bottle with her right hand, she stands up and opens the cap.

Not suspecting anything, Emma doesn't react when Reina snatches the bottle out of her hand.

"No." Reina's voice is stern and leaves no room for objection.

"What are you? My mother?" Emma takes one step forward. "Give me that." And another.

Reina steps back, followed again by the other woman.

And they do that until Reina is pressed against the wall with Emma's breath pouring over her face. Yes, they are that close.

The magic in the room thickens to the point where there is no air. The two women seem to be magnetized to one another. Reina gulps, but keeps her eyes locked on green ones.

"Why are you here?" Emma asks, the torture evident in her voice. Reina's magic is playing with hers in, and not a good way. It is seductive, but for a moment Emma thinks that it might be an effect of the magic inside of her.

"To be with you." Reina admits, but after her brain finally catches up with her mouth, she winces at the meaning.

"What?" Emma shrieks, pulling away from the woman.

"Not in that way." Reina calms her down. "Regina is too afraid to be here with unknown danger lurking around every corner. But she is also too afraid to let you be alone with that magic inside of you."

"Why do I have magic?" Emma whines.

Reina smiles at the blonde's adorableness. She can see why her sister has fallen in love with her.

"Because you are Regina's Truest Love. That gives you magic for protection, because True Love is the most powerful magic of all."

"Well, I don't like it and that doesn't explain why I feel some... sort of attraction to you."