One

A U T H O R ' S     N O T E

hey lovelies,
thank you if you choose to continue on the journey of Demetri and Belle

Thank you for your understanding

~*~

Belle was shaking; and quite frankly she had good reason to be.

Her mother stood beside her with a reassuring hand firmly clasped on her shoulder, telling her it was going to be okay. That soon after this dreaded ceremony was over Belle would be back home with her mother curled on the couch.

She casted her eyes upon the girls around her, they were all here for the same reason. 'The Choosing Ceremony' the ceremony where Alpha Demetri would find his mate, whoever she maybe. But Belle, she had nothing to worry about, because that girl would never be her.

Belle had heard stories of the Alpha before him, Demetri's father, George; who had defended the Northern pack from rogues over twenty years ago. It was a war that cost so many people their lives and Belle received chills every time her mother mentioned it, in truth, it was the same war that took her father.

To be quite frank, the stories going around about George's son Demetri seemed to quite frighten her. He was of course a beast, a werewolf, there were many where she lived, but Belle, she was only human. In a fight, she had no chance in defended herself so understand why when rumors circled about Demetri being a cold blooded killer had reached her ears, she felt her blood run cold. But as the stories ran through her mind she knew that a human could never be a mate to any werewolf, especially an alpha. It has never happened before.

And that knowledge had put her heart to rest, unfortunately it did not stop the nervous energy from creeping through her viens. She still had to see him, face him. He had to meet every single person that was here, even after he found his mate, it was common courtesy.

Belle suddenly felt her mother's eyes on her, in her younger years, her mother, Joanne was beautiful with shoulder length golden hair and shining blue eyes that glittered every time she was excited. In her growing age, her mother held wrinkles around those same eyes but they never lost their sparkle.

"You alright?" Her mother squeezed her shoulder.
Belle nodded, "just ready to go home"
Joanne nodded, "Soon Belle, soon."
She let out an exhausted sigh, the courtyard by this time was full of chatter of over six hundred people all awaiting the arrival of their new Alpha.

Suddenly there was a hush that fell over the crowd, like a wave over the sand.

He was here, Belle felt it.

She twisted her head towards her mother and her mother nodded in acknowledgment, ushering her forward to stand beside the other girls. With the many heads in the crowd Belle could not yet see him but she did feel his presence. A shocking feeling, it was and she had never felt anything like it.

He had to be at least fifteen meters away from her when she finally caught a glimpse. Belle had never in her life seen anyone as beautiful as he. He was tall and muscular with dark gelled back hair and neatly shaven scruff. A sharp jawline that could be used to slice her own bread and grey eyes that seemed to have a storm brewing in them. He was breathtaking and suddenly Belle felt a twinge of jealousy at the other girls who were getting to see him.

Belle's eyes widened at her behavior and shook her head nonchalantly. After this, she was never going to see him again, she definitely knew that. Suddenly, Belle could tell he was close to her as the hairs on her arm stood and her heart rate quickened and she dare not look up at the thought of being frozen in her place.

The sudden adrenaline of someone being close to her caused her to stop breathing;
"You are mine." His words swallowed her whole and she felt everything leave her body.