Twenty Five

R E C A P

"Demetri!"

"Belle!"

The couple raced to meet Kaden and stopped at his pain stricken face, "I've received word that something has happened—"

*

"—with Fay."

Belle's heart rate suddenly quickened, "Why? What has happened!" Demetri demanded.
"Lucas, he attacked her pack."
Belle felt her stomach drop, oh no, why didn't her gift help her, warn her to warn Fay. Belle was pacing while Demetri and Kaden spoke animatedly about what was occurring right at this second.
"If I were to send some of my men over, would they arrive in time?" Demetri popped the question which caught Belle's attention.

Kaden nodded, "Yes,"
Demetri nodded, "Gather some of the wolves and have them prep for a send off."
Kaden nodded going to the door and Demetri suddenly turned to Belle and let's just say Belle did not like the look in his face, she frowned at him animatedly shaking her head.
"You don't have too." She said selfishly.

Demetri only offered her a sad smile, "How'd you know what I was going to say."
Belle shrugged, "You can help from here."
Demetri only shook his head, "As alpha, I have duty to help when another alpha is in need and right now, Fay...."
Belle only shook her head, her fists tightening, she didn't want her mate to go into enemy lines, it was so unconsciously selfish but she couldn't lose him and she had a feeling she just might—

"You know I'll always come back to you." He reached for her resting his hand on her cheek.
"You better." She said softly.
Demetri kissed her gently on the lips, "I'll have men surrounding the house and the outskirts,"
Belle nodded, "Okay."
"I've called for Liam, to stay with you."
Belle nodded smiling, she hadn't seen him in what felt to be such a long time.

She watched as Demetri gave his men instructions, just as Liam arrived and soon Demetri was at the door and Belle wanted nothing more than to grip is shirt and never let him go but that would be futile and childish and she knew better than that.
"I'll be back soon." He whispered in her ear.
Belle tried to smile, her nerves eating her alive, "I know." She mumbled out, trying to convince herself.

Demetri kissed her forehead one last time before following Kaden to the car. If it wasn't for Liam closing the door, Belle would have just stared at the dust the car had left behind for hours to come.
"Luna." Liam's gruff voice called to her.
"Mhm." She mumbled again.
"He will be back soon," he tried to reassure her and Belle appreciated it but nothing would calm her down until her mate was back in her arms and all these stupid rogues were gone.

"I'm going to take a nap." She whispered.
She swiveled her heel and made a b-line for the their room opened the door and closed it softly and fell onto the bed with a thud. Belle was in no way tired, in fact her nerves wouldn't allow her to sleep but she hoped that with a nap, some vision of the outcome would come to her and she'd be able to calm down a bit, or so she thought.

The thing was that Belle woke up in a house, unfamiliar to her and it seemed as though it was empty. Belle's eyes traveled around the furnished room until it she stood completely still at the sound of voices closing in on her. She scowled when in walked Lucas and one of his men followed by..... Lily?
"I assume you know what you're doing betraying your Alpha." Lucas gave her a sideways glance.

Belle's fists were clenched, "I do,"
"And I hope the information you gave me was accurate, or else you know you'll suffer the consequences of your misinforming."
Lily nodded her head gravely, "I understand, and you'll get exactly what you want and more."
Belle listened closely, trying to figure out what they were talking about but to no avail.

"My men have already left the premises and are marching towards your territory now." Lucas spoke to Lily.
Wait. Belle's mind was working and then it hit her, the reason Lily had betrayed the pack and the reason Lucas has men on the move. It was to get her and suddenly all her visions made sense now. And right now she needed to wake up and warn the wolves patrolling their borders.

Except Belle didn't know how to do that, she pinched herself and hit her arm but nothing and soon Lily left the room, leaving Lucas alone, only then did he speak to his men.
"Have some of the men prepare another room for our guest. She'll be arriving soon."
Belle gulped, oh no.

Suddenly Belle felt unsteady and sighed, finally, she needed to get back but when she opened her eyes the first thing she heard was Liam's frantic voice on the other side of the door.
"Luna!"

"Belle!"

"The boarders have been breached!"

Belle's eyes widened, what the hell how long was she asleep sitting up quickly Belle opened the door to see Liam's face, "We need to move now!"
"Who's there?"
"Lucas' men." Liam frowned, "I don't even know how they knew our formation."
"Lily. She's a traitor." Liam narrowed her eyes, "How do you know?" He asked wearily.

"It's too much to explain right now but they're here for me."

Liam led the way to the back door of the house before coming in contact with five of the enemy's men. Liam let out a fierce growl causing some of them to snarl back, "Hand over your Luna."
Liam stood in front of her, "No."
"We'll just have to kill you instead,"
Belle gulped oh no.

Belle sort to mind link Demetri,

Demetri, my love Lucas' men are here

"Fine so be it." Liam growled.
"Liam, I can't let you die for me." Belle pleaded.

One of the smiled, "Then come with us willingly and he and the rest of your pack will be spared."
Belle knew she didn't need to be a werewolf to understand that the pack was family and as Luna she was responsible for dozens of people and she couldn't let them die.
"I'll come with you."

Liam looked outraged, "No way."
"Liam!" Belle snapped, "I'll be okay."

Stay where you are I'm coming. Demetri suddenly answered.

But Belle only shook her head, she walked towards the other wolves and let them grab her but it only angered Liam and he bared his teeth turning quickly and attacking one of the other wolves.
"Take her away now! We'll deal with him."
Belle was suddenly dragged away only to see three wolves pummeling Liam who was fighting to get to her.

I'm sorry, I had to go with them. She mind linked Demetri.

She could feel the tear as it slid down her cheek, when a blind fold was tied over her eyes and she was loaded her into a car.