Twelve

Belle was huddled beside Demetri soaking up his warmth. She could feel his chest rise and fall as he slept and sighed content. He had missed her the night before and that kiss was something Belle had never experienced in her life, it was life altering. By far the best kiss she'd ever experienced, maybe it was their bond as mates or Demetri was just that good of a kisser but now she wanted to kiss him all day everyday.

She traced her finger against his cheek and smiled. He looked so sound, it was weird for her to think that the man lying next to her could shape shift into a wolf when he choose too. She propped up her chin with her hand and continued to study the structure of his face. Pressing a soft kiss to the side of his chin she didn't notice his crystal clear grey eyes flutter open.

"Good morning,"
Belle blushed, "Good morning," a smile found her lips.
"It's early," Demetri recognized, "Had trouble sleeping?"
She shrugged, "Not really,"
He nodded, pulling her closer to him. She squealed as she was placed on top of his chest. He peppered kisses to her neck and she giggled and tried to wiggle away from him.

"I have to travel tomorrow for a meeting." He said quietly.
The smile on Belle's face suddenly evaporated, "You do? For how long?"
She tried not to sound too sad but he seemed to pick up on it and rested his hand to her cheek. She leaned against it and closed her eyes.
"It'll only be for a few days at best,"

She nodded her head, "Is it about the rogues..."
He nodded and she scowled, feeling selfish that they were the reason that Demetri had to leave.
"Will you miss me?" He asked.
Belle would miss him dearly, more than she should but instead of saying that she shrugged, "Nope, not at all." A small smile fell onto her lips.

Demetri raised his eyebrows and nodded, "Hm, I see. Well I guess I have no need to bring you along then."
Her eyes grew wide and Demetri chuckled, "No wait, you want me to come with you?"
He nodded, "Of course."
Her smile grew so wide it might not have been able to fit on her face. To his surprise she planted a quick kiss to his lips.

"So that's a yes?" She giggled as the smile grew on both of their faces.

~*~

Belle packed what she thought she needed and smiled as she saw Demetri by the front door.
"I'll be driving us, there will be no one accompanying us this time."
She nodded and waved at Liam who was also in the room, the man didn't wave back but acknowledged her with a curt nod. Satisfied she turned back to Demetri, "Will Liam be here for all that time?"

Demetri met Liam's eyes, "There will be more than one of my wolves patrolling the house so he won't be alone."
She nodded, feeling better about leaving him here, "Who exactly is the meeting with?"
"With three other alphas."
As Demetri loaded their bags into the car she pressed her finger to her chin.

"The other packs are facing the same problem, so we're meeting to discuss it."
She nodded, "There are four packs in total right, the Northern Pack, Southern Pack, Western Pack and yours the Eastern Pack."
"Ours." He corrected, "But yes, you will be meeting them later today."
Belle nodded, suddenly nervous how would they feel about a human Luna.

Demetri as if sensing her discomfort reached across from his seat next to her and grabbed her hand as he drove.
"Everything will be okay."
She nodded a small smile on her lips, believing him.