Thirty One

Belle felt the leaves crunch under her feet as her legs took her through the forest. She maneuvered through the trails, her eyes scanning her surrounding in hopes of sighting a black wolf or a gorgeous man whom she was in love with. Her chest heaved up and down and her legs ached as she scrambled through the trees. Belle suddenly caught sight of a number of men huddled together talking quietly and as she noticed Kaden she approached the group.

"How are you supposed to tell Luna—" one of the wolves spoke.
"Tell me what?" Belle asked as all their heads whipped towards her.
"Luna what are you doing out here!" Kaden demanded.
Belle frowned, "looking for my mate!"
Kaden suddenly looked at her sorrowfully, "We haven't been able to find him."

Belle put her hand on her hips, "Well keep looking."
Kaden shook his head looking for a way to break it down for her, "No, I mean we scouted everywhere and we haven't found him. We have to maybe consider the possibility that—"
Belle raised her hand, "Don't you dare finish that sentence!"
Kaden nodded, "What would you like us to do Luna?"

"Help me find him."

~*~

Belle fought back tears as she led the expedition into the forest scouting every hole and crevice to her find her mate but so far no luck. The team of wolves had been out for at least three hours but neither them or Belle seemed to showing any signs of fatigue. Belle huffed rubbing her eyes harshly as she continued to stomp through the woods.
"Hear that?" Kaden asked beside her.
Belle had the urge to smack him, she did not have werewolf hearing but as they come closer, Belle heard it water.

Belle's heart suddenly speed up as she bolted towards the sound and peered down the hill onto to see the body of the man she loved battered and bruised near the waters edge.
"Demetri!" Belle screamed as she slid down the hill running to his side.
Her hand ran over his face as she took in his appearance, oh he did not look too good.
"Help please!" Belle screamed as her wolves came running to their alpha.

Belle could tell he was breathing but it was weak and he was clearly passed out. Belle gasped at the gash on his stomach that had been face down in the leaved and mud.
"We need to get him back now!"
"We need to turn to carry him back, Belle." Kaden spook.
Belle nodded as Kaden and the rest turned and loaded him into their backs. Belle herself was offered a seat and held him close her as they raced back to their house.

At their arrival, a doctor had been waiting and several woman and men who'd looked on at the return of their alpha. Jillian suddenly darted towards the commotion and wrapped Belle in her arms.
"Oh you silly girl!" Jillian spoke loudly.
"I found him." Belle whispered softly.
Jillian nodded, "Yes, you did."

~*~

Belle had been next to him for more than four hours, watching him breathe and heal. Her hand gripping his with all her might. She'd whispered sweet nothings into his ear as he slept and recovered. Belle stared at his face. A sharp jaw and defined cheekbones that still held scratches on them. Her fingertips fixed his eyebrows and traced his lips and she leant down to kiss him gently.
"I love you baby." She whispered.
"you and me remember."

She placed her head on his arm and closed her eyes to sleep. Belle awoke to fingertips brushing through her hair and her head shot up and she launched herself into his arms.
"You're awake!" She felt tears running down her cheeks as she kissed all over his face.
"I thought I'd lost you." She whispered softly.
Belle lifted her head to see Demetri with a smile on his lips "I love you." His voice though unused was storing.

Belle's heart soar, "I love you more."

~*~

A U T H O R ' S    N O T E

*sniffs*

Just the epilogue left